2/13/18 10:13 a.m.
xflowgolf
xflowgolf Dork
2/13/18 12:28 p.m.

hard not to.  :)  

Carson
Carson Dork
2/13/18 12:43 p.m.

For those who may be interested, Raleigh as it's location is a bit deceiving, Beaufort is 3 hours away on the coast. 

Closer to Wilmington for a fly and drive, though not much, still about 2 hours away.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/13/18 12:44 p.m.

Dang, I'd rock that!

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
2/13/18 1:45 p.m.

Seems to have a few more issues than what the ad states. Hood alignment and the rear tail being stuck up. Could be a good gamble! 

EDIT: upon closer inspection the hood isn't shut completely. 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
2/13/18 1:56 p.m.
clutchsmoke said:

Seems to have a few more issues than what the ad states. Hood alignment and the rear tail being stuck up. Could be a good gamble! 

Ooooooohhhhh Debbie Downer is in the house. 

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
2/13/18 3:05 p.m.

Tail up is just an ad thing. Probably works fine. When they fail, it's usually down.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
2/13/18 5:55 p.m.

In reply to clutchsmoke :

Go back to rennlist. smiley

Steelpig
Steelpig New Reader
2/13/18 6:26 p.m.

It looks like a decent deal.  My only concern would be what did with the IMS.  1999 has a dual row bearing which has a relatively low rate of failure.  Some of the replacement bearings are a single row bearing with a spacer. to make it fit.

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
2/13/18 7:02 p.m.

And the why, with the IMS. It is too often assumed it needs to be replaced. Depending upon mileage, take a look at it and make a determination, don't just assume it should be done. There are a lot of m96/7s with the factory bearing still going. Mine is at 120k.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
2/13/18 8:32 p.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine :

Sorry sorry I'm back on and in my seat aboard the enabling train! Toot toot! 

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/14/18 9:16 a.m.
kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
2/14/18 11:20 a.m.

Let's see, cheap Porsche with the notation: "Last price drop before I part it out".  Makes me think "what could possibly go wrong?" . . . in a Jurassic Park/King Kong sort of way. 

Steelpig
Steelpig New Reader
2/14/18 11:49 a.m.

It looks like he didn't really "upgrade" the IMS bearing and expected to put a better bearing in in 20k miles when he did the clutch.  It is a less good deal now.

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/14/18 12:17 p.m.

I infer that he replaced the IMS with another stock one?  He bought the car last October.  

I suspect it's a solid car, not well-presented, and priced too low.  If it had a few issues addressed and was advertised for $17,900, it'd be gone.

Then again, the owner did his own LS conversion on a previous 911, so I'm not sure why not pony up for an LN IMS bearing just for the flip?

This seems to be the perfect 911 for the GRM crew.  Doing the AC work, water pump, AOS, and changing the IMS bearing is well within the capabilities of many on here...including me....hrrrmm.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
o79HQi9bVyFwkuJJJqqkHA2Muu6FZVmsv0kwlFbICVnsxlEAb13jhRBoObL13GnD