dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/29/17 11:05 a.m.

$9k? WTF!

Miata "Beach" car

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
3/29/17 11:06 a.m.

So very many bad ideas, all rolled into one car....

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/29/17 11:09 a.m.

What the everlasting berkeley were they smoking when they design the thing, let alone the gigantic crackpipe that induced the price?

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
3/29/17 11:22 a.m.

LOL @ "AC works".

Also, the Skipper would like his steering wheel back.

This is one of the rare occasions where "crack pipe" doesn't seem like a strong enough condemnation.

Klayfish
Klayfish UberDork
3/29/17 11:25 a.m.

I'm going to try to give them some benefit of the doubt and say they were inspired by the Fiat Jolly. But the execution failed miserably....

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/29/17 12:08 p.m.
Klayfish wrote: I'm going to try to give them some benefit of the doubt and say they were inspired by the Fiat Jolly. But the execution failed miserably....

Like the marriage of a Jolly and a BMW Z1.

NEALSMO
NEALSMO UltraDork
3/29/17 12:17 p.m.

That's the "I paid somebody a lot of money to customize my car in a tacky way and I think I can recoup it in resale" price.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/29/17 1:27 p.m.

Needs custom f/r bumper covers to make it look more like a boat.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/29/17 1:37 p.m.
petegossett wrote: Needs custom f/r bumper covers to make it look more like a boat.

If there isn't a Japanese kit for that, someone's working on it.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/29/17 1:46 p.m.

With performance seats like those, it's a good thing it has a cold air intake and a roll noodle.

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
3/29/17 4:38 p.m.

Hopefully it's speed limited to say, 3mph.

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo MegaDork
3/29/17 6:38 p.m.

I guess I can see the concept, but why start with a Miata of all things?

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/29/17 6:52 p.m.
BrokenYugo wrote: I guess I can see the concept, but why start with a Miata of all things?

Because it's the answer to everything, including questions that should never be asked.

maj75
maj75 Reader
4/7/17 10:24 a.m.

No way that's a manual transmission. With that goofy shifter, it has to be an auto.

With seats that far off the floor, I'd be looking over the windshield! Seat belts are over-rated anyway...

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/10/17 12:43 p.m.

Obviously built to drive Hervé Villechaize around Fantasy Island on the way to the island airport.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/10/17 12:56 p.m.

I'd rock the crap out of that if I lived in a beach community. Auto trans would be a plus for cruising.

Here is what I would add:

1. Snaps on the windshield frame and "noodle" to add a crazy colored fabric sun protector.
  2. I would modify the trunk to open the opposite direction, and have a rumble seat back there.
  3. Make sure there are big drains and everything electrical inside could get wet. Rinse the sand out occasionally with a hose.
fanfoy
fanfoy Dork
4/10/17 1:30 p.m.

If this was 900$ instead of 9000$.....

thedanimal
thedanimal Reader
4/11/17 8:08 a.m.

If that's actually a manual i'll eat my shoes. I don't understand the patio furniture either.

dherr
dherr GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/14/17 9:42 a.m.

So worth 9K..... this may be the result of Marijuana legalization.

I did think BMW Z1 at first glance, but then I saw the "custom" interior features. Seats need some outdoor cushions

Finishing touches would be a big propeller on the back and perhaps a rudder spoiler.....

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
4/14/17 10:08 a.m.

I absolutely HATE when I see a car that has been clearly customized and the ad says "fully restored".
It makes me want to punch myself in the face I get soo irritated!

All better now. Carry on

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
4/14/17 10:57 a.m.

penultimeta
penultimeta Reader
4/22/17 11:41 a.m.

What. The. Hell.

No, but seriously, based on where it's listed (Winter Haven, FL), my guess is this is the result of retiree's on too much pain medication washed down with margaritas. When he came to (and I'm assuming it's a he, because women have way too much sense to do something like this), he was like "oh, crap. This is terrible. I need to sell it now."

Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
4/22/17 7:17 p.m.

Wretched.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lVrf46vlfNHrouDtxL1FoVLjdj1t0EMqXQniw15GYzevtxF1iIsV0SugOftWoFOF