914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/18/17 2:04 p.m.

NMNA - - $2506. This ad concerns me, legit?

\

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
6/18/17 2:25 p.m.

I agree it looks fishy... but if you can make the deal in person, maybe it's legit. But I wouldn't bet on it. If it is legit, I'm sure his phone has blown up by now.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
6/18/17 2:33 p.m.

That can't be legit, unless he left off a zero by mistake.

From what I understand a pile of vintage airstream parts with paperwork is worth more than that.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
6/18/17 3:20 p.m.

Darn this is the one I really like. Small enough to fit in a garage and be towed behind normal stuff.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
6/18/17 3:36 p.m.

Scam. They are just phishing for your phone number.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
6/19/17 8:02 a.m.

Scammers also seem to trend toward not round numbers. Why not $2500?

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/17 8:31 a.m.

The other typical indicator for a scam is that the email or phone number is on the photo and not the ad itself.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
6/19/17 12:02 p.m.
BoxheadTim wrote: The other typical indicator for a scam is that the email or phone number is on the photo and not the ad itself.

Right. That's the give away for me.

It is ridiculously simple to put your phone number in a CL ad (or nothing at all, just use the CL responder). It actually takes some effort to put the number in a photo.

Also, only 1 pic. No other angles, etc. Seller claims new flooring, but makes no effort to show a pic of brand new flooring??

So, scammer runs ad at a low price, puts no number in ad, pastes number into a picture, and hopes sucker will text direct revealing their phone number.

CL prostitutes do the same thing. Only thing missing in that picture is "For a good time, call ..."

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
6/19/17 12:09 p.m.

There's prostitutes on Craigslist???

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sVJZryNRr10S4u7q3x4bYwi7rSCQ93bLLxOk4XZ9mYsPlONKaGuqTlJS02DY7MEq