1992 Volvo 960 with all the options. Beautiful. $4,000 in CT. NMNA

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
6/21/17 1:52 p.m.

Dang that is nice.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
6/23/17 6:40 p.m.

A friend wants this and wants to know if anyone can put eyes on it to make sure it's at least remotely as nice as it looks in pictures. Anyone from nearby that could look at it??

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
6/23/17 6:42 p.m.

Woody to the white courtesy phone...

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/23/17 6:55 p.m.
oldtin wrote: Woody to the white courtesy phone...

Standby...

But note that most of the photos in that ad seem to have come from the Volvo brochure.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
6/24/17 11:25 a.m.

In reply to Woody:

Buzzkill

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/24/17 1:44 p.m.

I think the first four are brochure photos. After that, the light quality isn't as "golden hour", and there are too many cinderblocks and asphalt stripes for a Volvo-grade ad agency portfolio

So, looks pretty good! (in photos)

FlyingTog
FlyingTog
7/4/17 2:13 p.m.

Hey, just as a heads up to anyone interested, all of the pictures in this ad are of the actual car. I was present when the first two photos were taken and I am personal friends with not only the photographer but also the owner of the car. If anyone is seriously interested, don't hesitate to contact the owner. He is a great person and he can also probably put you in contact with the photographer if you're still skeptical. We all actually joked about how they looked like brochure pictures when they were taken!

And yes, the car really is as clean as it looks. The car is just incredible in person. If I had the money to buy it would already be in my garage. It was offered to me first. Haha.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
7/5/17 7:23 a.m.

In reply to FlyingTog:

Thanks for the input. Being in CT is no help though for me.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
8/7/17 10:06 a.m.

Well my friend Jim bought this and it was just dropped off Friday! He is really impressed with the condition so far, and thinks it shines more brightly than his last '92 960 did when we bought it. Which was about 20 years ago. It looks to be in truly exceptional condition for the age, and Jim was hunting for a lonnnng time. His last 960 was totaled by a reckless driver in a 25mph zone - while the 960 was parked! Coincidentally it was the same parking spot that this Dodge 2500 was parked in, and totaled in, earlier this year. Jim will not be parking this 960 in that spot, and if anyone needs to get rid of a car I can let them know where that parking spot is.

Enormous thanks to Woody for checking it out for him. That made him comfortable enough to buy the car remotely and have it shipped, saving himself time and money. (Shipping wasn't much more than a plane ticket and gas money to drive it back!)

The GRM network delivers again.

Erich
Erich UltraDork
8/7/17 2:01 p.m.

NICE!

Woody
8/7/17 9:15 p.m.

I can confirm that the body of that car is in truly exceptional condition. I can't imagine that there is a straighter, cleaner Volvo 960 anywhere.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
10/7/17 7:51 p.m.

I finally got to check this car out in person - my friend brought it over last weekend. It really is exceptional. I imagine the majority of them didn't look this good in 1994 much less 2017! Everything on it shines and feels like new.  Even the interior buttons are clean and (nearly) perfect. "Time capsule," indeed! I bet the seller could've made more on BaT. But Jim (new owner) is a good home for it - he's always had a Volvo 960 and has always loved them.

Woody
10/7/17 8:18 p.m.

Also, those were not brochure photos!

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/7/17 8:56 p.m.

Wow what a nice thing to hold onto

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/8/17 12:08 a.m.

It's nice to know they're out there! And the people who keep them that way, represent them correctly... I feel bad for doubting.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G0CSMtsh70AEh5Ew64HhGicpFo0DQ5wyERKbjQsIe1zu1CaMG4sON0Fl3QkxlTh5