914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/16/17 12:00 p.m.

1976 BMW R-90/6, it's an "S" clone. Has the S fairing and gages, the Bing carbs have been replaced by flat slide Mikunis. Has progressive springs front and rear and the seat has been redone by Sargent. New sneakers two years ago and new plug wires last year (big difference). New lithium battery last spring.

I painted it in Porsche grey and have some paint left over for touch ups.

It's not quite ready for prime time as I am in the process of rebuilding the front calipers and putting on new pads, once that's done I think it's worth $3500.

Should be running happily next week.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/16/17 12:24 p.m.

Do you have the Bings?

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/16/17 1:21 p.m.

No.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
3/16/17 2:18 p.m.

A fellow grad student had a bona fide 90-S that he bought brand new. Damn that was a nice bike. He also had Matchless and a Ducati single. The guy flew helicopters in Vietnam. He was very interesting, but quiet and pretty mellow.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/16/17 2:44 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver:

How many miles?

WilD
WilD HalfDork
3/16/17 3:24 p.m.

That is a great looking bike.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/18/17 7:17 a.m.

Mileage unknown, the odo didn't work when I got it, never bothered taking it apart.

Dan

Mental
Mental Mod Squad
3/24/17 7:34 p.m.

I am seething with bitterness right now. That is a steal for that bike and you know my affection for those, but I am committed to an 07 VFR Anniversary in my garage right now.

For anyone on the fence; Sam Smith bought one of these some time back and road it from Nevada to Seattle. Starting here; @thatsamsmith you can follow the whole journey. He spent a while looking for the right one, paid way more for it than 914 is asking and road it across the country.

So to recap;

914, hate you, bad timing

Me, love BMW Boxers but I am cheating with a very sexy V4

Sam Smith bought, rode

Great bike, you need one. You need this one

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/25/17 6:46 a.m.

Relax Mental, it's not advertised anywhere else and I'm going to hold off for a bit. I am rebuilding the front calipers and having a little trouble, going away for a vacation also; it will be here for a while.

Dan

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
llqcS1QQ0d3ML8YtMK9lK4nhsUJtnCrDlzFRZlIq1IpKVivkEUjxzdSdxwsf3Mwm