mccrimmon New Reader
Nov. 22, 2016 8:54 p.m.

The S52 is from my 98 E36 M3.

Reason it is removed from the car is because the car is being switched to a LSX and a 6 speed.

THE BUILD ... Built in 2005 time frame by engine builder and owner of CS Motor Motorsports Chuck Stickley. He has since retired. Google him. Previous owner of my car was good friends with Stickley's Protégé.

75k miles on build 10.8:1 compression. Shrick street cams. Exhaust cam retarded slightly for more torque per Stickley. Stock rotating assembly and cylinder head. ARP head studs. Stock head gasket. M50 intake. 24# Injectors. Dinan big bore throttle body. 3.5" MAF. Remus Header. Custom 3" mid pipe with high flow cat. Stewart water pump. JB lightweight flywheel. Oil pump nut pinned / welded in place. Set up for oil catch can. Epic Tuning. Will come with complete harness as well just as you see in pic and it's also set up with downstream O2 eliminators. Also has Eurosport aluminum pulleys.

Compression numbers are 190-195 across all cylinders.

Clutch is around 4 years old but only has around 10k miles on it. It's Kevlar 3 puck I believe

Dyno'd the car in Sept and made 250whp 240wtrq

Cold start and driving video

Dyno video

Reach me at the cell below for more info. Engine has been run with Redline 10w40 regularly. Engine has zero leaks throughout and still runs strong. Drove the car almost daily.

Engine is located in Va Beach, Va

757-705-7050 Call or Text

$3500 for drop in and go set up with harness and the accessories

Can't get pics to link from my Shutterfly account. If someone can help me link pics, that would be great.

Link to Pics

Link to my ad on CL

Slippery Dork
Nov. 22, 2016 9:05 p.m.

Click on the camera icon above the smileys, and then paste the picture link in there. Just paste in the direct link.

Where is the engine located?

mccrimmon New Reader
Nov. 22, 2016 9:08 p.m.

In reply to Slippery:

Thanks. I've tried that and still won't link. Sorry. Edited my ad to include location. It's been a while since I've been active on forums so learning the ins and outs again.

mccrimmon New Reader
Nov. 22, 2016 9:16 p.m.

Pics

Linked my pictures this way. It's working on my end. Sorry I couldn't get them to load directly to the post.

The ZF trans and ACS shifter that are in my album are already sold. S52 is still available and the AA exhaust is also.

Slippery Dork
Nov. 22, 2016 9:20 p.m.

Looks like an account might be needed to view the pics? It would not let me in unless I sign in or registered. That might be the reason it isnt working.

mccrimmon New Reader
Nov. 22, 2016 10:08 p.m.

In reply to Slippery:

Figures. Well anyone interested feel free to contact me via cell and I can easily shoot them over via text.

There is also 2 video links in my ad above.

mccrimmon New Reader
Nov. 22, 2016 10:23 p.m.

Since I can't get pics to load here is a link to my ad on CL

golfduke HalfDork
Nov. 23, 2016 3:09 p.m.

I may be interested after the holidays/come tax return time, but not much before unfortunately.

Stock redline? Was the valvetrain replaced while being rebuilt or is it original?

Slippery Dork
Nov. 23, 2016 3:13 p.m.

This is a VERY good deal.

Slippery Dork
Nov. 23, 2016 3:17 p.m.

Slippery Dork
Nov. 23, 2016 3:18 p.m.

Hope that helps

mccrimmon New Reader
Nov. 23, 2016 3:54 p.m.
Slippery wrote: Hope that helps

Thanks! Yes it is a very good deal.

Valve train was checked accordingly when it was built, yes.

I priced it to move. Engine will make upwards of 260-270 at the tire with proper exhaust.

mccrimmon New Reader
Nov. 23, 2016 5:13 p.m.

Redline is 7200 .. Also Vanos has a Dr. Vanos kit in it. I also have an extra good Vanos too but the one that is on here is just fine. If it doesn't sell soon I'm going to offer it as basically a long block and pull the Remus header (which is no longer available) and the flywheel and clutch. May even pull the Dinan BB TB and sell those items separately.

Hate to separate it though. This combo is strong. Would love to see it in an E30

golfduke HalfDork
Nov. 23, 2016 6:52 p.m.

If you strip it, I'll absolutely take the longblock right now... just fyi.

mccrimmon New Reader
Nov. 23, 2016 7:57 p.m.
golfduke wrote: If you strip it, I'll absolutely take the longblock right now... just fyi.

My cell is in my ad. Feel free to reach out to me. I'd be asking $2500 for the long block with accessories, M50 and 24# injectors. I may also include the harness but I may decide to keep it. Everything else will come off

golfduke HalfDork
Nov. 24, 2016 8:40 a.m.

Fair enough. Today is a little crazy, but I'll reach out to you tomorrow sometime on your cell.

mccrimmon New Reader
Nov. 24, 2016 9:26 a.m.

No problem. Yes, today is relax, be thankful, and get fat day. Reach out anytime.

mccrimmon New Reader
Nov. 25, 2016 12:42 p.m.

Forgot to post this morning. I'm offering a Black Friday through Cyber Monday discount. Will knock off $250 on turn key combo picked up local to me.

mccrimmon New Reader
Nov. 26, 2016 1:00 p.m.

Sale pending. Just took a deposit

golfduke HalfDork
Dec. 1, 2016 9:32 a.m.

Assuming this is sold long ago right??/

I assume so, but I had to ask.

mccrimmon New Reader
Dec. 3, 2016 8:53 p.m.
golfduke wrote: Assuming this is sold long ago right??/ I assume so, but I had to ask.

Actually no it is not. I did take a deposit on it a week ago but the buyer just had to back out. He had some unexpected things arise. Back available now.

I refunded his deposit earlier today

golfduke HalfDork
Dec. 5, 2016 9:28 a.m.

god... damnit...

I need to check this thread more often. I just dropped $1500 for another head yesterday.

E36 M3...

golfduke HalfDork
Dec. 5, 2016 9:33 a.m.

just texted...

mccrimmon New Reader
Dec. 5, 2016 1:38 p.m.
golfduke wrote: god... damnit... I need to check this thread more often. I just dropped $1500 for another head yesterday. E36 M3...

:) Yeah I think this is a much better deal for you.

Will get it ready to go for you soon. Thanks bud!

mccrimmon New Reader
Dec. 7, 2016 7:25 a.m.

SOLD

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Follow Us to the Nürburgring

8 hours ago in News

Follow along as James Clay from BimmerWorld contests his first ADAC Zurich 24-Hour race at the Nürburgring.

You Need This: 2005 Lotus Elise

8 hours ago in News

A Lotus Elise looks so right in British Racing Green.

2017 Mazda MX-5 RF

10 hours ago in New Car Reviews

We're big fans of the Mazda MX-5. Now Mazda went and put a retractable fastback on their fourth-generation car. So, ...

From the GRM Vault: Test Driving BMW's E30 M3

13 hours ago in Articles

We tested BMW's E30-chassis M3 back in 1989. Here's what we thought.

Project Ramp Truck: Installing Sound Deadening

14 hours ago in Project Cars

Time to cut down on heat and road noise making its way into the cab.

Eric Foss Sets Fastest Time Ever at the Tire Rack Ultimate Track Car Challenge

1 day ago in News

47 of the country's fastest cars battled it out for track supremacy.

Who Wants to Design the Next GRM T-Shirt?

1 day ago in News

Blipshift is involved, so you know that it will be cool.

Reader's Ride of the Week: Improving Upon the Ultimate Driving Machine

1 day ago in News

This E36-chassis M3 just keeps getting better.

What Was the Most Powerful Car at the Grassroots Motorsports Dyno Day?

1 day ago in News

What if we told you it was an Audi?

Up to the Challenge

4 days ago in Articles

Torque: It's how Glen Bunch's vintage Dodge keeps pace with today's machines.

This Friday: The Ultimate Track Car Showdown

5 days ago in News

Come watch some of the country’s top track cars duke it out for fame, glory and some tasty prizes.

You Need This: Metallic Brown Toyota Celica

5 days ago in News

This looks a lot like one that we had in our fleet back in the day.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
smn8CkttgjOqV2LTQ2tGv9XZdKh0XBj5