914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/29/16 7:36 a.m.

NMNA:

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/5560616917.html

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UberDork
4/29/16 7:50 a.m.

Wow. It's like you put Margie's project camper ON the CMM ramp truck!

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
4/29/16 10:47 a.m.

Very cool.

markwemple
markwemple SuperDork
4/29/16 4:17 p.m.

Why do I like this. Totally impractical for a camper

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
5/2/16 6:20 a.m.

That is so freakin' cool. I wish I had time and room for a project like that. ...and could live with the single digit MPG it would get. He says it'll do 80 mph and I believe him. I also know from experience that unless it has a huge gas tank, you aren't going to go very far at that speed (or even at 55 mph).

markwemple wrote: Why do I like this. Totally impractical for a camper

You like it for the same reason most of us do: we have day dreams of dropping a nice diesel into the engine bay, bolting a receiver on the back and having an awesome tow-vehicle.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/2/16 6:23 a.m.

Looks cool, but I wouldn't want to go very far in the cab of a 70s Ford pickup.

markwemple
markwemple SuperDork
5/2/16 7:24 a.m.

In reply to Woody:

Yeah, my 03 f250 crew cab diesel lariet sometimes feels too truck like on long hauls.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
5/2/16 8:10 a.m.
Woody wrote: Looks cool, but I wouldn't want to go very far in the cab of a 70s Ford pickup.

Wuss.

dculberson
dculberson UberDork
5/2/16 9:24 a.m.

That truck is amazing. The color combo really makes it pop.

The cab of my 1970 is pretty comfy, I would have no problem driving long distances in it once it's reliable enough.

Woody
5/2/16 9:29 a.m.
bravenrace wrote:
Woody wrote: Looks cool, but I wouldn't want to go very far in the cab of a 70s Ford pickup.
Wuss.

Yes.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
5/2/16 10:20 a.m.
Woody wrote:
bravenrace wrote:
Wuss.
Yes.

Get the AC working, install a half decent stereo and maybe some more modern seats and I wouldn't have a problem driving that long distances. Of course, compared to my Spitfire and Mini (both of which I've recently done long trips in), the cab of a fleetside style F-series will be luxuriously roomy...

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/2/16 10:29 a.m.

You're more of a "ride-in-the-back" kinda guy, huh?

jimbbski
jimbbski Dork
5/2/16 12:30 p.m.

That is sure pretty! If I bought it I would gut the RV part and build an updated interior. I like the "old looks on the outside but when I sleep or go potty I need things to function.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UberDork
5/2/16 12:45 p.m.

I had a '69 F100. You're going to want to buy stock in Dynamat or something similar for long distance driving.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UltraDork
5/4/16 6:40 p.m.

Perfect for a period correct abode at the Mitty and other vintage races.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
5/4/16 6:50 p.m.

I do have a thing for old "bag of sticks" campers, as Paul Suddard called them. That's awesome. I'd be tempted, but Tim's been making real progress on the Shasta Disasta. I'll see if I can get some pics up this weekend.

Margie

Woody
5/4/16 7:21 p.m.
SVreX wrote:
You're more of a "ride-in-the-back" kinda guy, huh?

Don't judge me.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
J9nDIqeeUdR1BpjDgzBL2a3pRMEdfSWqwo1vEgyasYBNFBJzOPvbNFjmQBZTvojo