rrrevs
rrrevs New Reader
9/3/18 11:39 p.m.

A great ride for street, strip, and track, often seen at Sacramento Raceway and Sonoma Raceway. It has a CARB sticker for 1.8 Integra motor and a rare Edelbrock turbo kit, CARB-legal for 1.8 Integras. Beautiful car – I get compliments on it everywhere I go. I’ve owned it since 2004.I’ve been racing CRX’s for 22 years. At age 75 I’m hanging up my helmet, selling my car. I got nicknamed “Bad Grandpa” on a TaiBoogie video – https://youtu.be/Dd6E-IyNhXo​​​​​​

(Sorry about the slow shifting on this video – I was testing a short shifter that didn’t work out. Now it shifts perfectly.)

CAR INFO:

ENGINE: 1994 Acura LS, converted to obd-1. Hasport motor mounts and shift linkage. Garrett dual-ball-bearing turbo. B16 head ported by Larry Widmer of Endyn. High-lift forced induction Crower cam, made to Larry’s specs. Hondata S300 engine management with upgrades. Engine built and dyno-tuned by #Lawrencebuilt. JE forged pistons, Crower rods. Injector Dynamics 725 cc injectors. Adjustable cam sprocket. Walbro 240 lph fuel pump. B & M adjustable fuel pressure regulator. 14# Odyssey battery, + a spare battery. Custom 3/4 size radiator by C&R of Indianapolis. Thermal 3 inch exhaust with a custom three-bolt setup for easily changing mufflers.

For racing, not currently installed: Victor X intake manifold with huge plenum, ported and modified to fit CRX, port-matched with Skunk2 throttle body.

Driveline2001 Integra LS trans, bought new in 2012, with a shorter 5th gear for high speed acceleration. QUAIFE DIFFERENTIAL for great handling. Fidanza aluminum flywheel. Competition Clutch stage IV with sprung hub. Drive Shaft Shop axles.

Chassis, Suspension:  Tokiko llumina shocks, Skunk II coilovers, Specialty Products camber correction kit, Neuspeed strut tower brace (not currently installed), Suspension Techniques front/rear sway bars, 89-91 rear lower control arms, other upgraded suspension components. Innovative front cross-member with traction bar for smooth launch, no wheel hop. Aero mods on underside rear.

InteriorI bought new rear-interior components that are never taken to races. At races I use old interior pieces that snap out easily. Roll bar from “Rolf by Design,” Sonoma Raceway. Boost gauge, digital water temp gauge, shift light, tach. Clifford alarm.

Exterior: 1990-91 front bumper. Projector headlights. Kept in my garage since I bought it in 2004, professionally detailed regularly. Fiber Images carbon fiber hood. Carbon fiber sunroof plug. Racing weight is 1938#, corner-weighted at Roger Kraus Racing, + about 40# for the roll bar. California car, no rust.
Wheels/tires/brakes: Nearly-new Federal 185/55R/14 tires on stock CRX rims (not shown), or for an extra charge, HX rims (shown). Stock ‘88 brakes, steel braided lines.

So you know: No a/c. Roll bar goes through rear speaker slots. Cold/heat dial needs repair, but the heater works. Paint has flaked a little around sunroof plug, and there is sun damage at the top of the vinyl on the passgener-side door. On long trips in summer the car runs hot, but it’s fine around town, even in August. If someone plans to take long summer trips in this car, they could install a second engine fan. The engine was rebuilt in 2010 and it’s been raced, so no doubt there’s wear in the rings. But my recent racing speeds show that it’s still in good shape. Clean title.

QUARTER-MILE: 12.1, 126.90 mph with cat + muffler, July 4, 2018, launching and shifting conservatively. Would run mid 11's if you launch and shift harder. STANDING HALF-MILE, October, 2016: 154.75. Very stable even at that speed. Watch the half mile run on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-c7u6fHV3U

Dyno: 365 whp with cat and muffler @18 psi, April, 2018. More info: https://chrisboostedcrx.wordpress.com. Contact Chris, revschriner@aol.com. Fremont CA.

$7900 (or make offer) for one of the finest street-driven CRX’s you'll ever see.

Our Preferred Partners
GCv1WtMybCPnFgwly7P1dIbvYHzGsb7MN9KNqqcUcKyrayK17ClUsTGoSELI2t77