OzarkOwen
OzarkOwen New Reader
12/4/16 8:52 p.m.

Well, hope I'm not posting this twice. I had this almost finished but lost it somehow instead of posting it- and I'm starting over. Oh well, here goes... maybe I will sorta say the same things. 1997 M3 sedan 5 speed. Darn nice car! But does not meet my winter car needs and no garage to keep it in. I will put a link to my craigslist ad at the end and it has photos. Appears to have always been well maintained. Arkansas car since 8k, and I bought it from a friend's neighbor who owned it 4 years. He bought it from his next door neighbor who had owned it for 8 years! It had a K&N filter in it but I put BMW back in. As far as I and my mechanic can tell, it is stock. I bought it 2/16, have enjoyed it, driven it everyday, but knew I might be selling come winter. After purchase I had local indy BMW shop do full inspection, and I fixed everything they said it needed. If I keep it, I'll put shifter bushings next. Shifts fine, but naturally a bit loose compared to my prior Miata's and S2K. In Craigslist ad I forgot to put that it is a slick top no sunroof car, more head room and nothing to leak, and no factory spoiler. A bit of a sleeper. Photos, except interior that I took today, were just after I bought it, and prior owner had it in garage and detailed. As I type this, it sits in my driveway in the rain. I hope it get a garage home. I'll tell my fellow GRMers that I paid $6000, which I thought was very fair. I've spent $2k at shop- suspensions bushings, valve cover gasket, drive shaft flex joint( is that what is called the Giuibo?), oil changes. No, I'm not an M3 expert or a mechanic, but I'd like to think I know a nice car when I have one. So $8K in it, asking $7K, which I think is also fair. I'm sure some of you will tell me if you disagree! Oh, window tint needs a redo, and remote entry/lock does not work consistently, so I just use the key. I have some receipts, clutch at between 75 and 80K, new factory Sachs shocks last year; prior owner did not have cooling system receipts but said he'd put water pump, etc at about 100K. I believe him, his garage was immaculate and everything else he told me about the car has been true. It is an honest well cared for 20 year old car that deserves a good home. Yes, I'll probably regret selling it, and I now know why prior M3 owners say that, but I think next spring I may go looking for my 7th Miata. Probably an NC this time.

Between this write up and Craigslist ad, I have tried to provide a good description, but feel free to ask questions. Thanks for looking.

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/5905137411.html

OzarkOwen
OzarkOwen New Reader
12/4/16 9:02 p.m.

In reply to OzarkOwen: Well, I just tried the Link and it did not work. Sorry! I'm a terrible typist and barely break even on computer skills. But you can look it up on Craigslist Little Rock, cars for sale by owner, BMW M3, should bring it right up. If that does not work just call me and I'll be glad to discuss the car and send pics. 501-766-8830.

Thanks.

Owen

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/4/16 9:10 p.m.

GLWS - seems to be a great example of an M3 (and in my favorite color)!

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
12/4/16 10:11 p.m.

Working CL link for y'all
Looks good, GLWS!

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds HalfDork
12/5/16 1:58 p.m.

Saw your ad over the weekend. Looks nice. I'm local to it if anyone wants more pics or eyes on it.

Mister Fister
Mister Fister Reader
12/5/16 3:00 p.m.

Unicorn.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/5/16 3:45 p.m.

Beautiful car and price seems good too.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/5/16 4:22 p.m.

Cripes. If I had seen these ~2 months ago, I would have sent you a deposit instantly. Unfortunately for me, I gave up on e36 M3s and bought an e46 wagon instead.

Your M3 is a ~$13k car these days, IMO. Great looking car and good luck with the sale!

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
12/5/16 5:26 p.m.

Golly gosh, what a pretty color! Man, great looking car!

garaithon
garaithon Reader
12/5/16 10:53 p.m.
conesare2seconds wrote: Saw your ad over the weekend. Looks nice. I'm local to it if anyone wants more pics or eyes on it.

Might take you up on that! Thanks!

PM sent!

OzarkOwen
OzarkOwen New Reader
12/6/16 10:06 a.m.

SALE PENDING!

Car appears to be headed to a good new home with a GRMer in Houston. Thanks to SnowMongoose for the working link. I appreciate all the interest and nice comments. If for some reason this does not go through, I'll let you know.

Mister Fister
Mister Fister Reader
12/6/16 10:08 a.m.
OzarkOwen wrote: SALE PENDING! Car appears to be headed to a good new home with a GRMer in Houston. Thanks to SnowMongoose for the working link. I appreciate all the interest and nice comments. If for some reason this does not go through, I'll let you know.

Dibs if it doesn't go through.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden SuperDork
12/9/16 12:17 p.m.

I too am interested.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OJITsmbF1umbgoRDCcsOtupZPxaPX4DOdLZ4X61gsbQzW7BK4RihrqE8f3T5pPSc