paulmpetrun
paulmpetrun Reader
11/4/18 8:02 p.m.

Hi, I've decided to put my Elan up for sale.  It's a 68' that I have had for about five years now.  The engine runs strong and has the original weber 40's, a header from Ray at R&D, and all the numbers match.  I did a compression test when I bought it, and all the cylinders were strong and within a few psi of each other.  I don't remember what they were exactly, but can and will check them again if anyone is interested.  I have made a few updates including a complete new painless wiring harness (yes its negative earth now), mini alternator, full pertronix distributor, aluminum rad w/electric fan, braided stainless brake lines, along with lots more.  I have all of the original parts except for the wiring harness.  There is also five brand new tires(can't forget the spare).  The body is in descent shape, with no stress cracks, just a few scratches and chips.  There is one crack in the very bottom of the nose.  It looks like someone pulled to close to a parking curb.  The chassis is in very good condition, with no known rust.  It even still has the red paint on a fair portion of it.  Its not a show car by any stretch, but is a very presentable driver.  Asking $27,000.  I don't get a lot of computer time, so its better to text or call me at 412-974-5695.  I'm working on adding pictures.  But for now picture a white elan with black interior and shiny lotus hubcaps!  ;)

Thank

Paul

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/4/18 8:09 p.m.

Ooh Elans are awesome. 

paulmpetrun
paulmpetrun Reader
11/4/18 8:25 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Yes they are amazing little cars.  They look so fragile, and tiny, yet drive so solid and composed. 

P.S., the white car is for sale, not the yellow...  lol

Thanks

Paul

chaparral
chaparral Dork
11/5/18 8:29 a.m.

Can't buy it, but would love to drive it - I could be taking a trip that takes me near Pittsburgh on either of  the next two weekends! 

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
11/7/18 12:29 p.m.

I have a race car I can trade ya! Are those pictures from Pittsburgh Vintage GP?

s2europa
s2europa New Reader
11/7/18 6:03 p.m.

Interesting. It's titled as a 1968, which by years would make it a Series 4, but it's a Series 3 body with a Stromberg bonnet and Weber head engine? Have you checked the VIN against the Lotus Elan registry to see what it slots in? Maybe the bonnet was replaced at some point? Head swapped out? Do you have any history on the car? Just curious.

paulmpetrun
paulmpetrun Reader
11/7/18 7:30 p.m.

In reply to trigun7469 :

HAHAHAHA, well maybe!!!  Big P, yes the pics are from the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix.  You guys going to come down and hang out with us some year?  Mike and Henry are usually down there.  Its like a Pittrace reunion sometimes.

paulmpetrun
paulmpetrun Reader
11/7/18 7:43 p.m.

In reply to s2europa :

Hi S2,  a good friend of mine who is very into Elan's, believes my car is what is considered a "Super Safety".   It is basically a mid-model design between the regular s3 and s4.  Not many were made.  Yes it has the correct head, block, and chassis according to the Lotus data plate on the firewall.  And yes it has the correct bonnet, as well as door pulls, bolt on wheels, rocker switches instead of toggles, for an S3 Super Safety.  I don't have any history, the previous owner had passed away. 

Do you have a Europa?  If so, details??? 

Thanks

Paul

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
11/8/18 7:55 a.m.

In reply to paulmpetrun :

Sadly I have missed the vintage GP two years in a row and hope to get there next year. You guys should just comeback kart racing there were 20 some lo206's there at a few of the events.

paulmpetrun
paulmpetrun Reader
11/15/18 6:46 a.m.
trigun7469 said:

In reply to paulmpetrun :

You guys should just comeback kart racing there were 20 some lo206's there at a few of the events.

Trigun, did you go to any of the pitt races? 

And someone must desire an Elan for Christmas!!!  Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

mikewilensky
mikewilensky New Reader
12/20/18 6:06 p.m.

I'll bet Mrs. Emma Peel would be so proud of you!!!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JjzeKQOGaeISyEwVgXN8l5ucpU5tV2nUFc9tk6Dbu0o3ChmBhwpDK35gRv3UNFko