13 hours ago in News
There’s fast and there’s FAST–and then there’s this thing.
Completely mine and affiliated. Time for "Ugly" to move on to someone who can take her over the finish line.
1985 BMW 352e project car. Rust-free, original 2-door, 5-speed coupe. I bought this E30 a few years ago with the intention of restoring it and using it as a weekend fun track/autocross car. It has an E36 M3 rack swap, black sport seats in great condition, and the suspension and brakes are completely new and refreshed. I have done extensive work to it, but have run out of time and motivation, so it’s time for someone else to finish it. I have documentation for everything that’s been done to it, every purchase, and build threads on two different forums. It comes with a TON of spare parts including an engine and transmission, interior and exterior trim, wheels, seats, body panels, you name it. The following are some of the features and work I’ve done to the car since I’ve had it. All parts are new unless otherwise specified.
• E36 M3 steering rack swap (new rebuilt from Rackdoctor.com)
• Full set of Bilstein shocks and struts
• Every suspension and chassis bushing replaced, including:
o Ireland Engineering poly rear subframe bushings
o Ireland Engineering rear trailing arm bushings
o M3 solid rubber offset front control arm bushings
o Suspension Techniques poly sway bar bushings
o Bimmerworld “lifetime” rear shock mounts
o Delrin differential mount bushing
• Suspension Techniques adjustable sway bar set (22mm front, 19mm rear)
• Used Bavarian Auto sport springs (part number: SK E306 016)
• Front hubs with new wheel bearings
• Tie rods and tie rod ends
• Lemfoerder front control arm and ball joint assemblies
• Rear wheel bearings
• Turner Motorsport front subframe reinforcement kit installed
• Hawk HPS pads all around
• Turner Motorsports stainless steel brake lines
• New rotors all around
• Rebuilt rear drum parking brakes with new shoes
• Used 3.73 LSD rear end from a 1987 325is with new fluid
• Autozone Gold lifetime-warranty halfshaft assemblies
• Heavy-duty rubber engine and transmission mounts from Bimmerworld
• Transmission fluid replaced with Redline MTL
• Replaced fuel tank
• In-tank fuel pump assembly
• Bosch inline fuel pump
• Magnaflow high-flow catalytic converter/midpipe
• eBay stainless steel cat-back
• Fuel filter
• All rubber fuel lines replaced with brand new
• Bosch 02 sensors
• Full ignition tune-up including plugs, wires, cap and rotor
• Flushed engine with ATF and Seafoam
• Replaced oil pan gasket
• Crank position sensors
• Everstart battery (new in January 2016)
• Excellent black sport leather seats with matching rear (bought used)
• Crack-free dash from parts car
• Carpet removed, thoroughly cleaned, dyed black, and reinstalled
• Black rear decklid with premium speakers installed
Spare parts and miscellaneous:
• M20B25 engine from 1987 325is parts car
• 5-speed manual transmission from parts car
• Spare set of 14” BBS wheels
• 325is front fascia with fog lights from parts car
• Trunk lid, hood, rear bumper from parts car
• Various interior and exterior parts
• E30 Bentley service manual
• BMW electrical diagnosis manual for E30
• New parts including timing belt and radiator hoses
Currently the car runs and drives but has a miss. I suspect that it may have a bad injector. The interior is 90% complete but still needs a few things to finish it. The power windows do not work. The body is rust-free but the paint is terrible condition, peeling and fading. There is a small dent in the right-front corner of the hood and fender. The tires are old and dry-rotted and should not be driven on. Again, this is a PROJECT CAR that will need some work before it is drivable.
You can find the complete history of my ownership and work on this car (with lots of pictures) in my build threads:
Here is a link to a photo album with well over 100 pictures of the car and all the parts, with captions: https://picasaweb.google.com/103364049340103330004/E30ForSale?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMihh_P35Pb-Jg&feat=directlink
Asking $3500 for everything. I am not interested in trades or selling any parts individually. I simply don’t have time to deal with a bunch of small, individual sales. You will need a good-size truck and trailer to haul all this stuff. I am located in Brighton, MI, and am more than willing to help you load everything up.
You can contact me via PM or email at tom . spangler @ gmail . com (remove spaces).
Bump for a great car and a great guy. I've done everything I can to talk Tom out of selling this. Whoever buys this is getting a hell of a bargain. Pennies on the $$. It's an amazing sound shell and I really hope it stays in the GRM family.
You're too kind, Ade.
Dayum! I wish I could. This is indeed a very good deal. GLWS!
This is a great deal. Timing is just not right for me, I have preliminary approval from the spousal unit for a nicer e30 than mine someday (and yes this qualifies, easily) but unfortunately, the number of vehicles in the driveway has to go down before that can happen.
Anyone? I'm about to set the denizens of Craigslist loose on this thing....
I have to believe that there is an e30 or bmw forum that would grab this up. Even the spec e30 guys may be interested
markwemple wrote: I have to believe that there is an e30 or bmw forum that would grab this up. Even the spec e30 guys may be interested
It's currently posted on R3Vlimited and Bimmerforums. I've had a few bites, but no buyers yet.
Anyone? Price is starting to become more and more negotiable....
Damn. I still want this but I have no way to get it. And I still haven't sold either of my project cars.
Good luck, but I kinda hope you don't sell it, so I can figure out a way to get it here/stash it at a friend's place until I can get it....
Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!Learn More