dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/19/18 6:57 a.m.

Quick specs:

2002 Ford F150 XLT Regular Cab / Short Bed (6ft)

4x4 / Manual transfer case + 5 speed manual transmission

4.2L V6

175,000 miles

Trailer hitch, 7 pin wiring and trailer brake controller

Backstory:

I could be considered either the second owner of the truck (not sure what carfax would say). My friend's father purchased it brand new and used it to commute to his job, then my friend had it a couple years, then his father had it again and pulled a small a-frame camper with it (hence the brake controller). It wound up stored at my friend's house and used occasionally. I needed a 4x4 and always liked the truck so his father finally decided to sell it. I've used it to commute and to tow/haul some cars as well. I'm selling it to fund some other car projects, mainly getting a VW Passat I have on the road and getting my bus finished (new hauler)

What's good / replaced:

New windshield this month

New gas tank last month (small rust through leak)

New EGR pipe

Front brakes replaced last year

A/C + Heat work great 

What's bad / needs attention:

It's a truck in the northeast, it has RUST (more pictures uploading soon)

Tires are close to needing replacement (I may replace them before selling, price adjusted)

Emergency brake has always been weak / not held very well

After the fuel tank replacement, sometimes while filling it backs up when filled quickly and clicks off the gas pump. 

Small amount of water leaks inside at rear of cab. I think it may be the third brake light seal because it is noticeable on the top of the plastic box behind the seat, not coming up from the floor/carpet

Section of the exhaust came apart, this week I'll be crawling underneath to see if I can weld it back to repair it otherwise.

Cruise control hasn't worked in a few years, haven't really cared about it to look into it.

Pictures:

I will add more pictures to the linked gallery this week. If there is anything you'd like a closer view of let me know and I will get it and add to the gallery. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JSYtNg4u17hUjikTA

Price/contact:

SEE LAST POST - $700 now

KBB fair to good condition puts it at anywhere from $1900 to $3000 for the fair to good range so I think the price in between is a good compromise. I'm located in the northwest corner of CT. I suddenly have a lot of free time on my hands so I am willing to travel to deliver it as well for the cost of expenses. It has always been reliable for me and I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere in the US. 

Best contact is either on the forum or by email directly: dan@42green.com

Dave M
Dave M New Reader
11/19/18 1:04 p.m.

Sent a PM!

dan0
11/24/18 11:51 a.m.

Still looking for a buyer!

dan0
11/28/18 1:03 p.m.

Addendum:

Since it is the V6 and a manual transmission, 4wd, regular cab, Ford lists the towing capacity lower than the other models (around 2000 pounds). I have towed vehicles home with it without issue (SW20 MR2, NA Miata, Jeep ZJ, Mercedes C230) Would I recommend this as a fulltime hauler, no. But if you need to bring home a new vehicle purchase or take a car to a local track once a month I personally believe it would be fine in that usage. 

dan0
12/9/18 7:32 p.m.

Cheap 4x4 for the winter. Make an offer, pick up some tires and you'll have a great winter vehicle. 

dan0
12/15/18 3:33 p.m.

Needs to go before the end of the month. The sooner the better... 

Bought some exhaust parts yesterday to repair the exhaust in the next couple of days. 

dan0
1/10/19 12:27 p.m.

Bump. Motivated seller. $1100.

So I've been behind on some bills, etc. and one of those was property tax, and in CT that means you can't do new registrations or renew. The registration expired in the fall and I risked it continuing to drive it. I really risked it when my free gene kicked in and went to pick up a free pop-up trailer at night, No trailer lights and obviously the registration issue came into play. I was lucky to have a friend that bought magnetic trailer lights for me and the officer decided to be nice and just give me two tickets for unregistered vehicles and no other infractions. Since it was only a mile from my house he let me take it home. Since I have been trying to sell the truck I don't feel like paying $250 more to register the truck only to forfeit most of that later when the truck sells. And since I don't want another unregistered vehicle ticket, I'm not risking driving it myself any more. Now it just sits in the driveway so it needs to go. 

dan0
8/7/19 12:20 p.m.

Bump, $700

Downsides now, due for rear brakes and the driver's side cab mount is coming apart, cab sits down about 1/2" on the d/s. Still runs/drives/cold ac/etc. 

Moving soon and while very useful, it would be helpful to have one less vehicle kicking about. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JBVxM9MOj1P4TefZl6hEIjEeOU7I3OAPrL2wIBiLBb6cRXF3zbXl7REVcgEK8qWt