Claff
Claff Reader
11/30/16 3:04 p.m.

Car has been sold! Thanks for your interest.

We have too many cars! and this one has to go. Nice commuter appliance that drives well, rides quiet and has treated us well in the three years we've owned it. It has not been modified. Air conditioning is nice and cold. Original stereo head unit with upgraded speakers and older iPod and auxiliary cables added.

Car has 127,3XX miles.

Exterior is good but not great. A little paint peeled off the hood and the front of the roof with some surface rust starting on the roof - I plan on taking care of that this week. Small scratch on left rear fender, small nick on corner of rear bumper. Body is rust-free and I'm pretty sure it's even door-ding-free. It was bought in California and spent its first ten years there.

Passenger door lock actuator is kaput so it does not lock/unlock with the remote, but can be operated with the key. And I only got one key/remote when I bought it.

Interior is in better than average shape with no tears in the seats and clean carpets/floor mats. A previous owner put some Velcro on the top middle of the dash and it's stuck on there pretty good.

Recent maintenance:

Front sway bar end links - new summer 2016

Knock sensor - new spring 2016

Serpentine belt and idler pulley - new fall 2015

Brake rotors and pads - new summer 2015

Clutch - new spring 2015

Alignment - done spring 2015

Battery - new spring 2015

Tires (Kuhmo Sense all-seasons) - new summer 2014

More pics: http://imgur.com/a/guiwY

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
11/30/16 3:32 p.m.

Wow, that looks really nice. I REALLY want it....unfortunately I'm also at my quota.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
12/1/16 9:05 a.m.

Nice car. Color me interested

Is it REALLY rust free underneath?

Are those zip ties on the radiator support? What for?

What kind of gas mileage do you get?

Claff
Claff Reader
12/1/16 12:58 p.m.

I'll put the car in the air and take pics of the underside. It's really clean.

Zip ties are holding the bumper cover to the radiator support. When I got the car it had nothing in those holes and the bumper was fine. The zip ties were cheap insurance until I got proper hardware, and then I'd forget about them until I popped the hood to check the oil and I'd say "oh yeah, those" and then I'd forget again.

Mileage is 28-32 MPG in DC traffic. The car could have been better geared for highway travel, but I guess Honda wanted better acceleration numbers.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
12/1/16 2:09 p.m.

In reply to Claff:

The gearing is what helps make it an Si.

My daughter had a 97 EX and I could never get it to crack 30mpg.

Claff
Claff Reader
12/1/16 3:52 p.m.

Pics of nether regions from this afternoon (album at http://imgur.com/a/vcqRg)

FWIW I've never seen an EP3 with serious rust. But I don't see a lot of EP3s I suppose.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/1/16 5:53 p.m.

Those are not double wishbone, and they don't have an LSD, right?

TGMF
TGMF Reader
12/1/16 8:41 p.m.

Damn that's clean. I want...but not right now.

Claff
Claff Reader
12/1/16 10:57 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: Those are not double wishbone, and they don't have an LSD, right?

MacStruts, and open diff. Only the Type Rs got LSDs.

Now you know why these cars were considered a letdown by those who loved Civic Si's from 1989-2000.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
12/2/16 8:10 a.m.

That's an eclectic assortment of vehicles in the yard.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/2/16 8:50 a.m.

These are good cars for what they are... not the super rip your face off raw SI, but a pretty sporty commuter.

Ironsides
Ironsides New Reader
12/2/16 3:15 p.m.

Damn I need to move out of the north east, my two year old FiST isn't that clean underneath! Glws

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
12/2/16 3:36 p.m.
Ironsides wrote: Damn I need to move out of the north east, my two year old FiST isn't that clean underneath! Glws

Don't forget this thing spent its first 10 years in Cali.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
12/2/16 5:54 p.m.

I almost asked about a Miata trade until I looked at the "other cars".

Claff
Claff Reader
12/2/16 9:44 p.m.
kazoospec wrote: I almost asked about a Miata trade until I looked at the "other cars".

Can't trade for anything, really. The primary motivation for selling is to free up parking room and get something off the insurance bill. Otherwise I'd love to keep this car around for myself.

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
12/2/16 10:02 p.m.

I can't believe how clean it is underneath

I have a huge soft spot for these. Especially in white.

Good luck with your sale.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3WBun8TasFBRQHjUPqpLap774GfCiWbxgZuZ6OO29Ck9ccxNt2KKa9HKYq8Jz3DT