1 2
d_jabsd
d_jabsd GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/4/14 10:24 a.m.

This question may be stupid, but i know nothing about these cars, so.. why does the tach have 10-11-12-13-14 in the middle?

Just curious. the googles didn't have the answers when i did a quick search.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
10/4/14 1:56 p.m.

I forget to mention that I upgraded the factory points ignition system with a system from my 83 RX7. It is a much more reliable electronic system, but I didn't hack anything up to do this upgrade. Actually all mods are easily reverted back to stock including the exhaust which I still have. I still also have the louvers and a period correct Mazda bra (not sure of the cup size). I hope to have more pictures up soon.

Chris

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
10/4/14 1:59 p.m.
d_jabsd wrote: This question may be stupid, but i know nothing about these cars, so.. why does the tach have 10-11-12-13-14 in the middle? Just curious. the googles didn't have the answers when i did a quick search.

To answer your question the tach doubles as a voltage gauge. With the key on but engine not started the tach needle indicates the voltage and then reverts to the tach once started.

Chris

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
10/4/14 7:40 p.m.

I can't believe I forgot to mention that the original owner installed rear seats in the car. They have belts (lap only) and fold up. I will get pics of them.

markwemple
markwemple Reader
10/4/14 10:00 p.m.

Never seen that before

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
10/5/14 8:23 a.m.

Mazda, when this sells, would you mind PMing me? I sent a link for a couple rotor-heads and they think you crazy. I think they are greatly underestimating the market for such a clean, early 7. I'd love to rub their noses in their own know-it-allness. They think there's no 1st gen RX that will go for more than $5K.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
10/5/14 8:29 a.m.

I don't think it will sell for this much either, but thought I had better ask high to figure in the beat down I will take. I think it is worth more than $5k but not $10 k. Emotionally I think I really would love to get my asking price but I'm realistic. I think clean original cars are worth more than the rough beaters you see for sale with a fresh paint job and questionable mods /owners.

markwemple
markwemple Reader
10/5/14 9:23 a.m.

FWIW, a good spec7 is 2.5 to 3.5k. I know this is apples to oranges. I just think that a few more years need to pass before the 1st gen rx7 gets the full coolness factor. Kinda like 124 spiders. Probably the best convertible in the US for a while but it still languishes behind alfas (not as reliable, expensive parts and 2 seater) and MRS ( not nearly as good a car by any measure). The rx7 will get there. Heck, it's the zoom - zoom that started it for Mazda. I know about the earlier cars, but they didn't have the impact.

markwemple
markwemple Reader
10/5/14 9:24 a.m.

MGBs Damn auto correct

d_jabsd
d_jabsd GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/5/14 10:02 a.m.

In reply to Mazdax605:

that is pretty cool. thanks for answering!

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
10/5/14 10:33 a.m.

Man BAT is brutal! I love how someone who has never seen my car claims it isn't original anymore. I agree it isn't totally original at this moment , but could be in an afternoon with little effort. It's on factory paint still and I have every factory part still including every nut and bolt. Haters gonna hate I guess. I understand I'm asking a lot for the car, but I did mention best offer.

Who submitted this thing to these guys?

markwemple
markwemple Reader
10/5/14 10:45 a.m.

Don't worry about the haters. You're asking very strong money so people will nit pick. Just ignore them.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
10/5/14 11:47 a.m.
Mazdax605 wrote: I don't think it will sell for this much either, but thought I had better ask high to figure in the beat down I will take. I think it is worth more than $5k but not $10 k. Emotionally I think I really would love to get my asking price but I'm realistic. I think clean original cars are worth more than the rough beaters you see for sale with a fresh paint job and questionable mods /owners.

That's just what i said. $10K is more that it'll fetch, but $5K would be a VERY, VERY good deal. I'm predicting $6800.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
10/5/14 1:08 p.m.

Also the originality argument is kind of a dumb one to me. I say that because the mods I have made are done to make it a better more reliable /liveable car. I didn't go about doing ricer kid mods I used quality parts installed by a true rotary enthusiasts and all are reversible. I don't know why you would want to though.

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
10/6/14 7:27 a.m.

I would be tempted to trade you my 04 mazda 6 wagon 5 speed for this...

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
10/6/14 11:26 a.m.

I don't need another car though. Thanks for the offer though.

I have a few people dipping their toes.

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
10/6/14 4:03 p.m.

Then I might be tempted to sell my car to buy yours then lol.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/6/14 6:26 p.m.
fidelity101 wrote: Then I might be tempted to sell my car to buy yours then lol.

Dibs on the unicorn wagon (I'm serious!)

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
10/10/14 2:09 p.m.

Bump...

I know I'm asking too much, but make an offer. Not many two owner SA22C RX-7's left in the wild without ricer kid mods.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
12/10/14 8:43 a.m.

Make me an offer guys. I know I am asking too much, but that was part of the plan.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/10/14 9:31 a.m.
Mazdax605 wrote: Make me an offer guys. I know I am asking too much, but that was part of the plan.

No. Becuase I will not insult you or such a wonderful vehicle.

I have an SA in my garage (3x winning Lemons car). I know how wonderful these things can be made to drive.

I wish you luck with the sale!

Actually, I hope nobody offers you anything and you are forced to keep it.

Rob R.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
12/12/14 5:32 p.m.

It takes a lot to insult me..

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
12/13/14 8:08 p.m.

FYI guys I am contemplating selling the REPU as well. Look out for a coming classified ad maybe even tomorrow. Need to get some pics of it. Maybe we could make a package deal?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ISXYhCf5KVN8eboLQH70HNm2LKelB6R3r9wZlhk63cM7GmPDQ1UQCsTse2dx9ADI