NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
10/15/17 1:38 p.m.

Hey All,  

It is time for me to move on to something new.  With that, I am selling or trading my 1993 Eagle Talon.  It has been proven to 660AWHP.  This car is an animal.  Some of you have probably seen it at the Mitty or other events. The car runs and drives and is tuned to run on e85.  This probably will be a car I miss.  Hopefully I can pass it on to an enthusist (and someone that wonln't kill themselves).    

Link to pictures:  

Pictures of 1993 Eagle Talon TSI

Modification List:  

Stock 4g63 - Recently rebuilt with fresh bearings (<2000 miles)

Stock 4g63 Cylinder Head and Cams

Stock Transmission - Recently rebuilt (<2000 miles)

DSM Link v3 running speed density

GM IAT

GM MAP sensor 

ARP Head Studs

Upgraded head gasket

Hawver Intake Manifold

ID2000 Injectors

8AN Lines to Tank

Walbro 455

JMF 8 Gal Fuel Cell

Modified stock fuel rail to 8 AN in and out

T3 Exhaust Manifold

Holset HX35w - recently rebuilt

1600 degree rated AN oil drain 

3" Intake Piping

Large 3" in and out intercooler

3" Stainless Steel downpipe

3" Mild Steel straight Exhaust

BC Coil Overs (<1000 miles)  

Oil Filter Relocation kit

Oil Cooler   

Aluminum Radiator Tank

Aluminum Power Steering Tank

Unorthodox under drive pulleys

Mustang Cobra 17x10 wheels

275 Nitto NT-05 tires (<500 miles)

Welded in 6 point cage with strut brace

Flattened floor area   

Gutted front doors

NGR Blow Off Valve

Jay's alternator relocation kit

Custom built radiator

x2 Spal 10" fans

Custom aluminum shroud

Tuned to run on e85

Dynoed and tuned at Tucker Performance in Palmetto, FL

660AWHP @ 42 lbs of boost 

Car would pick up another 100+ HP with cams

Silicone Coolant pipes

AEM UEGO 

Various Interior Gauges

Corbeau custom mounted seat on slider. 

MOMO steering wheel 

A/C Delete 

Spec Stage 3 clutch 

Spares:

6 Bolt Cylinder Head with Cams - 

6 Bolt Cylinder Head w/o Cams - 

Transfer case - 

1 Cobra Big Brake Kit - 

SFI Aluminum Flywheel - 

Clutch and Pressure Plate - 

If I were to keep the car I would make the following additional modifications: 

Add doors with crank up windows 

New TB with a IAC (Current TB has no IAC, as a result the car does not like cold starts, usually fine once warm) 

I am offering the spares for sale separately as well.  I am flexible and open to trades of all types, up or down... complete cars, stock, modified, projects, etc.  Ask for everything is $X.  Will also sell the car without spares for $X.  Will provide a better price for someone I don't think will kill themselves.  I have yahoo so the messaging on here doesnt work very well for me.  For questions please text, call or e-mail (813) Area code 4802773, or JustinBragan@yahoo (dot) com.   

Thanks for looking 

Justin Bragan 

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/15/17 4:32 p.m.

Is it setup for drag racing or road racing?

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
10/15/17 5:34 p.m.

In reply to Jaynen :

It was setup with the idea to be a multipurpose car.  I have used it for track, autocross, and drag at various events... each with a slightly different configuration.  In it's current form the turbo has too much lag for autocross. the suspension is fully adjustable depending upon your desire.   

As a track car it works well, but does push at the limit. The fuel cell is 8 Gallons, so it needs to be refilled each session.  

As a drag car I have not pushed the car very hard.  It pulls a consistent 1.6s 60' with a very soft launch using the launch control in DSM Link.  Just rowing through the gears will yield a 130mph trap.  To be honest, I don't have the guts to launch this car as it could be. 

In summary, the car is a meh autocross car, an OK track car, and a great drag car.  

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/15/17 6:41 p.m.

Seems like the stock bottom end/transmission would have a hard time with 600whp?

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
10/15/17 6:53 p.m.

In reply to Jaynen :

The 6 bolt bottom ends are very robust.  At the end of the day it comes down to tuning.  The tune on there is very conservative (low timing), despite the 42 psi of boost pressure.  I am also running stock cams.  I've used this setup for several years and it just works.  I run more boost pressure, but overall, it is less stress on the engine.  

The transmission is probably the weak link among everything.  I haven't done a 6K+ launch in a long time.  keep your launches smooth and it's a non issue.  Drive like a pissed off teenager and the transmission will break. A "built" transmission is about $1500 if you really want to beat on it.     

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
10/21/17 4:35 p.m.

Open to trades and offers.  I also have a 22' V Nose car trailer that is getting sold next!  

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
10/31/17 7:28 p.m.

Price drop to $X for car. Still open to trades. 

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
10/31/17 8:30 p.m.

Nice ride, GLWS.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
11/25/17 3:29 p.m.

Sale suspended (for now).  Mini build thread to be started shortly.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eGz2FuF6BHkQcZ2AYRJeP2qKVoDqltSjQY76iTntkXDCuajRnz9NSbrUEYRIEVsj