TC New Reader
Jan. 6, 2014 4:27 p.m.

EDIT: Car no longer for sale

My daily driver for several years. Gave it to my parents for a bit, now they don't need it so its back to me. Great car, and very predictable in the snow too. Nicest w124 you'll find! I'd trade for an older project car of similar value if that works too. Here's my CL ad.
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/4257652826.html

I have a ton more pictures and info if anyone is interested. You can email me at topmb476@yahoo.com.

Jan. 7, 2014 12:02 a.m.

I have a '75 280Z I'm trying to sell, but I don't really want a Benz, even though your car is really nice. Maybe when you sell this you should buy my Z! :-) Here's the link to the GRM ad.

TC New Reader
Jan. 7, 2014 12:13 p.m.

Nuts! Thats exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. I've realized trading a 300E for something like that is a long shot for a lot of folks, hoping to maybe get someone who needs to put a lot of miles on for work or has a kid turning 16 or something and needs to get rid of the toy. Oh well, let me know if you change your mind! Good luck with the sale

Jan. 7, 2014 11:50 p.m.

Thanks! Good luck with your sale too! If you are able to sell it feel free to contact me if you are interested in the Z!

TC New Reader
Jan. 23, 2014 7:16 p.m.

Bump! Still for sale.

TC New Reader
Jan. 23, 2014 7:18 p.m.

Should also add, just had a turn of events and I can't take on too much of a project -- gotta be on the road. Would prefer outright sale, but I'm all ears for trades still since I've got a lot more money into this car just with maintenance items than its worth on the market, probably something a lot of you guys have experienced before.

Ross413 New Reader
Jan. 24, 2014 6:29 a.m.

Looks garage kept, and very clean. What is the PA inspection like? Do all the interior features work, aside from the ac needing charged? Any apparent issues with the car? I am just south of you and may want to come take a look at it.

Thanks Ross

TC New Reader
Jan. 24, 2014 7:27 a.m.
Ross413 wrote: Looks garage kept, and very clean. What is the PA inspection like? Do all the interior features work, aside from the ac needing charged? Any apparent issues with the car? I am just south of you and may want to come take a look at it. Thanks Ross

The car's actually registered out of CT (where I'm technically a resident and I'm back and forth a lot). Passed emissions in april with flying colors and a visual inspection. Beyond that they don't really do anything, but I have no doubt this would pass any state inspection without trouble (pending the tie rod below). Interior-wise, everything works except cruise control and the speaker fader, which I took out to put a USB input in. Odo is off, as mentioned in the ad as well. Clean title, in my name.

I noticed recently there was a clunk in the front end probably from the atrocious potholes around here, took a look and saw the RF tie rod had a ripped the boot. I've got a new one in the mail that should be arriving today. Its fully driveable right now but lets face it, a ripped tie rod end isn't going to get any better, also pulls to the right a bit. I stupidly snapped the hood catch release as well, so that's in the mail too.

If I can think of anything else I'll throw it in here.

spitfirebill UberDork
Jan. 24, 2014 7:52 a.m.

I guessing the AC uses R-12?

TC New Reader
Jan. 24, 2014 9:38 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: I guessing the AC uses R-12?

It should, the valve does not look to have been replaced and there are no stickers or anything. I haven't had the AC leak diagnosed as I'm more of a windows-down sort of guy and it wasn't worth the time or money to do so. The refrigerant that was in the car when I got it lasted me 3 years before it was totally out, so a recharge every year or two should be fine.

spitfirebill UberDork
Jan. 24, 2014 10:07 a.m.

Problem is, no legit shop will just ad R-12 any more. It has to be leak-checked etc, etc, etc.

I went through this with my 86 Nissan truck. They were suppoded to convert it R-134A, but when I picked it up, they hadn't. Said "we haven't had much luck with conversions". In other words, we get to bend you over again in the future. They didn't say that when I first talked to them. $330 to remove my freon, clean the system, new dryer and expansion valve and replace the freon that came out. And is was not a full charge.

Good luck with the sale. It looks like a nice car.

TC New Reader
Jan. 24, 2014 10:14 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: Problem is, no legit shop will just ad R-12 any more. It has to be leak-checked etc, etc, etc. I went through this with my 86 Nissan truck. They were suppoded to convert it R-134A, but when I picked it up, they hadn't. Said "we haven't had much luck with conversions". In other words, we get to bend you over again in the future. They didn't say that when I first talked to them. $330 to remove my freon, clean the system, new dryer and expansion valve and replace the freon that came out. And is was not a full charge. Good luck with the sale. It looks like a nice car.

Yeah, one reason I haven't bothered. You can throw Freeze-12 in there though -- not as good as factory air but it'd probably do.

TC New Reader
Feb. 28, 2014 9:25 a.m.

Hey guys, still for sale. Dropping price to $2800/obo. I'm open to trades as well.

trigun7469 HalfDork
Feb. 28, 2014 9:54 a.m.

the link does not work for craigs

TC New Reader
Feb. 28, 2014 10:19 a.m.
trigun7469 wrote: the link does not work for craigs

Ah nuts, I'll have to repost it. Thanks for the heads up.

TC New Reader
March 13, 2014 11:34 a.m.

Not sure if I can change the title of the thread -- I've decided to sign the car over to my parents who are looking for a solid 3rd ride. I did this 3 years ago, so hopefully you won't see me pop up here again with this car again! Thanks for the interest though! Car is no longer available.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Your Projects: Wide-Body, V8-Powered Porsche 944

10 hours ago in News

Wing, flares, V8 swap and more!

You Need This: Eclipse!

10 hours ago in News

Today's special.

Your Projects: Boosted and Flared E30 BMW

12 hours ago in News

Another forum member put it best: “This build is absolutely mental. And I mean that in the best possible way.”

You Need This: 1990 Suzuki Carry 4WD Mini-Truck

13 hours ago in News

It looks cool, matches our cargo shorts, and makes little sense.

Concours d’Lemons: Showcasing the Best of the Worst and the Worst of the Best

14 hours ago in Articles

This year’s Concours d’Lemons celebrated two cars rarely associated with the glitz and glamor of Monterey.

You Need This: Gullwing Doors and Exotic Styling for Just $1500

16 hours ago in News

Meet some brown ’70s awesomeness.

Acura Unveils New Prototype Race Car in Monterey

2 days ago in News

Acura yesterday unveiled the new Acura ARX-05 prototype race car.

We're Back In Monterey for Car Week

3 days ago in News

And so it begins, another trip to Monterey Car Week.

Mark Your Calendars: August 18 Is Wear Your Helmet to Work Day

3 days ago in News

Wear your racing gear to work and win prizes.

You Need This: A Real 1LE Camaro

3 days ago in News

Chevy only built 62 1LE Camaros that year.

Little Car Show: Celebrating All Things Quirky and Small

4 days ago in Articles

As the name suggests, the Little Car Show is all about little cars.

Concours d’Lemons to Ruin Monterey Car Week Yet Again

4 days ago in News

What started as the anti-concours has transformed into a major event on the Monterey Car Week schedule.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
kaG9WRZk2zujbw2vIEY1hZZbygY9ioSs