MMastro
MMastro New Reader
1/2/17 12:03 p.m.

I moved to CA and since B20s were only in CRVs/SUVs I technically won't be able to get it street legal here. I would trade the engine or car for something street legal here in CA or just sell outright. https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/6040568646.html

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
1/2/17 5:56 p.m.

Why does a car guy intentionally move TO California??

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/2/17 6:16 p.m.

I'd spend a little more time researching - I'm pretty sure I've seen BARD'd Civic with B20s. In fact I distinctly recall seeing a 99 Si with one advertised recently.

That said, if you can get close to what you're asking for yours in TX, you're probably better off selling it and buying one with a B16/B18/B20 in CA.

MMastro
MMastro New Reader
1/3/17 9:20 p.m.

Other than the DMV Nazi's and the cost of living CA has some things going for it, but for some those are already deal killers.

I've seen a few B20vtecs including one with NOS on Craigslist, but I think they just paying off the smog stations and not legal. Also me having to transfer registration they look you over at DMV very close. I have 2014 and 2015 daily drivers and you should have seen them checking VINs. Even made me pay smog even though my car's say 50 state legal emissions or whatever right on their badges.

calteg
calteg Dork
1/5/17 7:02 p.m.

I'm in Austin..want to trade for an NC miata?

MMastro
MMastro New Reader
1/7/17 10:26 a.m.

PM sent calteg

accordionfolder
accordionfolder HalfDork
1/7/17 11:23 a.m.

In reply to kevlarcorolla:

CA is great. We have more great tracks than anywhere else and they're open year round (Thunderhill, Laguna Seca, Sonoma, Buttonwillow, and Willow Springs are all within driving distance from me). Cars don't rust and pre 1975 autos are smog exempt. The SB-100 process means it's easy to build a smog exempt street car with whatever you want in it. Getting a newer car swapped and ref'd is also easy, this just happens to be one of the few gotchas (CR-V, a truck? really?)

calteg
calteg Dork
1/8/17 3:44 p.m.

MMastro...I still don't know how PMs work on this site. Shoot me an email instead:

cucumber110@hotmail.com...yes, that's my real email address

MMastro
MMastro New Reader
3/21/17 10:22 a.m.

Still looking for trades that don't require me trying to finish the build remotely or sell this...

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/21/17 11:42 a.m.
calteg wrote: MMastro...I still don't know how PMs work on this site. Shoot me an email instead: cucumber110@hotmail.com...yes, that's my real email address

PMs send an email to whatever email address you have in your profile. That being said, they definitely don't work with yahoo accounts and probably not with hotmail either.

MMastro
MMastro New Reader
3/21/17 6:48 p.m.

Thanks Duke... my email is mxm256@hotmail.com send me an email

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ErYf4kWCfsZ7IOkDAwuFU1nZjGq6CUwYCGYiaLryFwu5mye0fu1SS7y5Qpc3nPfL