sesto elemento Dork
3/1/15 9:42 p.m.

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/4888240329.html

I say crack pipe

The_Jed
The_Jed UberDork
3/2/15 2:44 a.m.

So many buttons...

Just how many functions can a power seat have?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/2/15 8:09 a.m.
The_Jed wrote: So many buttons... Just how many functions can a power seat have?

The new Porsche Mecan has 18 way power adjustable seats. They may be the best seats that I have ever sat in.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UltraDork
3/2/15 8:38 a.m.

I think the 0 button on the seller's keyboard was sticking

markwemple
markwemple HalfDork
3/2/15 8:53 a.m.
HappyAndy wrote: I think the 0 button on the seller's keyboard was sticking

Me too. Neat car but too '80s excessives for me. Although the excesses now are worse in the auto industry.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/2/15 9:30 a.m.

For 1/2 price, you could get a brand-new Chevy SS with more HP, a better chassis, modern electronics and modern safety gear.

markwemple
markwemple HalfDork
3/2/15 9:55 a.m.

Or for less than that you could have a v10 M5 or Audi RS6. Better handling, braking, build quality and a v10 sound.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
3/2/15 9:59 a.m.
For 1/2 price, you could get a brand-new Chevy SS with more HP, a better chassis, modern electronics and modern safety gear.
Or for less than that you could have a v10 M5 or Audi RS6. Better handling, braking, build quality and a v10 sound

And in both cases, instant depreciation spiraling towards zero value in a few years. The AMG will only increase in value and someday we'll all say, "I remember when I actually could have afforded that car...."

markwemple
markwemple HalfDork
3/2/15 10:07 a.m.
jimbob_racing wrote:
Or for less than that you could have a v10 M5 or Audi RS6. Better handling, braking, build quality and a v10 sound
And in both cases, instant depreciation spiraling towards zero value in a few years. The AMG will only increase in value and someday we'll all say, "I remember when I actually could have afforded that car...."

I'd guess that the BMW and Audi are approaching bottom. I'd guess in the 15-20k range. Their rarity and v-10 power will keep prices up. Good v-8 RD6s are going up as are the UrS cars. Tnat AMG isn't remotely worth the asking price. Maybe 1/4 to 1/2.

The Chevy will reach 1k.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
3/2/15 10:31 a.m.
jimbob_racing wrote:

Wait, are you saying that you can afford a $135,000 car?

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
3/3/15 10:58 a.m.

That car is not worth that today, as jimbob says it will be someday. My AMG 5.6 was a brutal car and had that Miami Vice kind of styling that doesn't really go out of style. $135k is a lot of cash though.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/3/15 11:34 a.m.

Wow. Be careful with the coffee!

The_Jed wrote:
oldtin
oldtin UberDork
3/3/15 12:05 p.m.

Isn't that about the starting price for a new Porsche GT3?

markwemple
markwemple HalfDork
3/3/15 2:26 p.m.

Yup

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
3/3/15 8:22 p.m.

I like how he converts the original sale price into "today's dollars" to help justify his asking price.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/3/15 9:52 p.m.

Hey, it makes as much sense as those B-J auction prices for old muscle cars covered in dust as "barn finds" that can never be driven. The Hammer was the daddy for us children of the 80's. And what a great name. If I'd made it big in the tech boom and had silly money, I'd pick one up.

That said, I'll keep my E39 M5 - also an icon - for 10% of the price.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
3/4/15 4:03 p.m.

I gave 2 grand and a ton of sweat equity into my AMG.  photo A95CamDump0014.jpg It sold on eBay ten years ago for $14000 in not perfect shape though so the prices really are on the rise for Good verifiable AMG built cars. That car won't sell for that price, the guy who ran AMG west tried selling his collection in 2000 and found buyers for two cars, wonder if they are all still sitting there....

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/4/15 5:44 p.m.
The_Jed wrote: So many buttons... Just how many functions can a power seat have?

That's like a Japanese toilet!

84FSP
84FSP Reader
3/4/15 6:43 p.m.

Still love these... Not quite at that price though...

850Combat
850Combat Reader
3/7/15 11:56 a.m.

The driver's seat looks pretty bad for the miles quoted.

My 135K would certainly not end up there. Not even 35K. And "Racing Capable" Sedan? Two pedals and a PRND123? Racing capable compared to other 4000+ pound overpowered bloat mobiles of its time, sure.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Dork
3/28/15 5:31 p.m.
850Combat wrote: The driver's seat looks pretty bad for the miles quoted. My 135K would certainly not end up there. Not even 35K. And "Racing Capable" Sedan? Two pedals and a PRND123? Racing capable compared to other 4000+ pound overpowered bloat mobiles of its time, sure.

Remember, this is Mercedes' version of a Mustang Cobra, or Camaro 1LE. I like the styling of the 300E, but I would rather get a diesel one and put a Turbonetics turbo on it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7bMqhFJvwtXr8fhVs5iNs5A4ETLPjNsKu5hQSVIxJ0rfd8E7KgXxBuHnRNESj0yR