akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
12/5/17 11:12 a.m.

Not meant to be offensive, I just don't car for the wheels.  These are a wheel change away from nice cars in my book.

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/d/2-dr-tahoe26s-68-impala-conv/6401008475.html

I would rock the Tahoe or Impala.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/5/17 11:19 a.m.

The wheels are disgusting in all cases.  But, the cars appear to be restored, so there's that 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/5/17 1:57 p.m.

You can always take the wheels off and find someone to buy them and get decent money for them. 

The cars themselves look pretty good depending on how bad they are cut up for the stereo. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/6/17 8:12 a.m.

It's another niche of the car hobby, you may not like it but they may not like off-roaders,  roundy rounders or track days.

They're putting money into the sport.

akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
12/6/17 9:25 a.m.
914Driver said:

It's another niche of the car hobby, you may not like it but they may not like off-roaders,  roundy rounders or track days.

They're putting money into the sport.

I agree, he also probably extended the lives of some of those cars.  Who knows what shape they were in to begin with.  Pricing isn't even out of line if you can appreciate the mods or adjust them to suit.  Other than the trendy wheels these cars are far from ruined.  Way better than a flat billed fartcanned car with a bad body kit, and 20 degrees of camber.

Maybe I'm just too practical and expect my mods to increase performance or comfort. 

Some may see my Mustang as ruined, and as it transfers from cruiser to track car.  In some ways its hard to disagree.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pHcLRlTdcXnOf4dfgtmKldOXqYBGvXRQirCfcgR6KEQNh6lHI5L7hbnLOC34cEbF