1 ... 6 7 8
RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/20/19 10:58 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

What that was, more even than a chance for Venezuela to attempt to get out from under the thumb of the US biggest weapon, the IMF, was the beginning of this coup we're being sold on now. I saw it then, I stand by it now. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/21/19 8:04 a.m.

You know I don't really disagree with you, but you can't expect the US to sanction Venezuela while looking the other way from a massive loophole like the Petro, which also has all appearances of being a blatant instrument of fraud. Even if the US wasn't squeezing Venezuela with sanctions, buying Petro would be such a terrible idea that the US should at least strongly advise its citizens against doing so.

GameboyRMH
3/21/19 9:09 a.m.

In more cryptocurrency and sanctions-evading news, the amount that North Korea has made/stolen in cryptocurrencies has been totaled up, and it's well over a half a billion dollars:

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/N-Korea-at-crossroads/North-Korea-stole-cryptocurrency-via-hacking-UN-panel

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
3/21/19 9:10 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

I believe that "Massive Loophole" and  "Blatant Fraud" is the new normal anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pete

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
3/21/19 10:52 a.m.

How to make a small fortune in crypto currency's.

Start with a large fortune

krepost
krepost New Spammer
12/16/19 11:00 a.m.

In reply to SVreX :

Hello, 

First of all forgot about how crypto currency work, this is useless information.

All you need to know is how to transfer money on crypto exchange and vice versa. Other things are about how to trade. Also there is some tricky things such as  [canoeing bots, among other things].  Now just google where to find best of them

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
12/16/19 11:08 a.m.

just checked and its a little over $7000 today......

What happens with all the "lost" bitcoins that people "mined" years ago when they were worthless and lost the passsword / computer ?  a friend had 20-30 bitcoins  from years ago , but has no way to find them , 

There must be millions like him....

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
12/16/19 12:49 p.m.

Bitcoin price 12/8/2017, $15,310.

If you'd bought $15,310 worth of an S&P 500 fund the same day this thread started it would be $18,309.54 today. If you'd bought one bitcoin it would be $6,914.56.

@californiamilleghia: I think it's gone. Same with the $450 million worth of bitcoin stolen from Mt Gox in 2014.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
12/16/19 7:04 p.m.

I find it laughable people continue to invest in such an old crypto like Bitcoin when the clearly superior Buttcoin exists.

Greg Smith
Greg Smith Dork
12/24/19 10:37 a.m.
GIRTHQUAKE said:

I find it laughable people continue to invest in such an old crypto like Bitcoin when the clearly superior Buttcoin exists.

is it wrong that I'm afraid to click that?

GameboyRMH
12/24/19 12:45 p.m.
californiamilleghia said:

just checked and its a little over $7000 today......

What happens with all the "lost" bitcoins that people "mined" years ago when they were worthless and lost the passsword / computer ?  a friend had 20-30 bitcoins  from years ago , but has no way to find them , 

There must be millions like him....

Yep if you lose the wallet file or password, it's just gone. Like locking cash in a hypothetical impenetrable safe and then losing the safe or combination. I remember reading a story about a guy in England who threw out a hard drive with a few bitcoins on it, he even went looking around in the dump for it but had no luck.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
9/22/20 1:29 p.m.

Bringing this back up. 

Is anyone still invested in Bitcoin or Ethereum? How's it going?

My crypto account just opened and I've funded it with a little play money to see what happens.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
9/22/20 6:09 p.m.
ShawnG said:

Bringing this back up. 

Is anyone still invested in Bitcoin or Ethereum? How's it going?

My crypto account just opened and I've funded it with a little play money to see what happens.

Talked about that with my friends last night a little over beers. ASICs have pretty much destroyed what position video cards had for major mining purposes (aka anythin that isn't the new coin of the day), though the current RTX3080 might have some serious chops for some- those dedicated ASICs have made it absurdly to mine specific coins. Etherium might be the major coin to look at aside from maybe litecoin and a couple others; bitcoin has continued to trend downwards, with Etherium has been regaining stock and cost after it's re-forking a little while ago.

USB sized miners? Hell, why not. Thought obviously their amotization is terrible.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/22/20 6:26 p.m.

In reply to ShawnG :

I forgot I bought Ethereum and Ripple lmao

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
1/29/21 3:35 p.m.

With the recent reddit moves in the market, has anyone changed their opinion on these crypto currencies?

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
1/29/21 3:37 p.m.

Holding BTC and ETH. I took some profit about a month ago, just in case.

AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/29/21 3:55 p.m.

I bought into the Dogecoin yesterday with the uninvested cash in my RH account just because it was being hyped so much. I sold it all this morning for a 100% gain. Too bad I didn't go large into it. It may gain again with the stock markets closed for the weekend, but I'm out. It felt kind of like playing nickle slots and walking away with pockets full of nickels.

1 ... 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kniKYLsr30YrkQVpqze3PwPalMQCvKaE2vOil56civrkH1oGPX3cS1pqGceSyAAw