Fletch1
Fletch1 HalfDork
9/6/13 7:44 p.m.

Not mine. Somebody please buy this so I don't get any ideas. http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/4046912603.html

ShadowSix
ShadowSix HalfDork
9/6/13 8:01 p.m.
Fletch1 wrote: Not mine. Somebody please buy this so I don't get any ideas. http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/4046912603.html

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Why does this stuff never show up when I have money?!?!?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/6/13 8:20 p.m.

Somebody needs to tell that guy about eBay.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/6/13 8:25 p.m.

22 years and he couldn't find time to install the fog lights?

HeavyDuty
HeavyDuty Reader
9/6/13 8:26 p.m.

I'm not certain, but I believe I've seen that car parked at Mid Ohio a few times and it is absolutely delicious. Poverty sucks.

old_
old_ Reader
9/6/13 9:03 p.m.

That is so beautiful. I can only hope that it will go to someone that wont trash or rice it.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/6/13 9:06 p.m.

Good lord I want that.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/6/13 9:06 p.m.

Good lord I want that.

Fletch1
Fletch1 HalfDork
9/7/13 8:01 a.m.

Bravenrace is a Crx fan and is close to this area. Maybe I'll message him. I've owned several Crx's and my first one came from this town. I have plenty of room in my garage though However, baby due in 5 months. Something like this doesn't come along too often. Especially here in Ohio.

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
9/7/13 6:52 p.m.

Holy cow. Now that is what I'm talking about.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
9/7/13 7:39 p.m.

Does that really say 38k miles? I'm not a Honda fan but damn that would be tempting if it were this side of Ohio.

mw
mw Dork
9/8/13 9:46 p.m.

I texted, hope it's still for sale and as good as it looks. If someone is local and has time to check it out, I may need help.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
9/9/13 7:31 a.m.

If I thought I could have actually bought that car, I would have. I was hesitant to even try. Seems like too good of a deal.

mw
mw Dork
9/9/13 9:58 a.m.

Well. There's been no response so far. I'm guessing it sold quickly.

Mazda787b
Mazda787b Reader
9/9/13 9:57 p.m.

Spam. The pictures are taken from a car which was on BaT a few months ago. Everyone should flag it and help this guy out.

Needless to say, he was not too happy with me calling @ 11:00.

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/10/13 2:00 p.m.

I guess I don't understand spam well enough. How does this work? What would motivate someone to post a fake ad with a phone number? An email to mine the address I understand. A malicious prank against one individual I sorta get. But spam?

Mazda787b
Mazda787b Reader
9/11/13 9:18 a.m.
glueguy wrote: I guess I don't understand spam well enough. How does this work? What would motivate someone to post a fake ad with a phone number? An email to mine the address I understand. A malicious prank against one individual I sorta get. But spam?

My apologies, I misspoke. It is not spam, but is not a legitimate ad. I flagged as "spam".

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/11/13 10:39 a.m.

I was so full of want that I just saw spam and didn't think about the broader meaning. That thing is beautious.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
9/11/13 11:53 a.m.

"This posting has been flagged for removal. [?] (The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)"

Mazda787b
Mazda787b Reader
9/11/13 2:30 p.m.
Jerry wrote: "This posting has been flagged for removal. [?] (The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)"

The ad was a fake. Someone took pictures/details from this eBay ad:

http://bringatrailer.com/2013/02/21/un-modified-1991-honda-crx-si/

and posted the car on CL with some poor guy's phone number. I called the guy, he stated that it was a prank by someone and his phone had been "blowing up" with calls/texts. I sent him the link and stated I would flag it. He stated he would do the same.

The ad specifically stated to call after 9:30. I felt pretty bad for the guy.

fidelity101
fidelity101 Dork
9/11/13 2:37 p.m.

In reply to Mazda787b:

we did that to my roommate once, listed his jeep online and said specifically to call after 10pm.

It was funny but it was some 500 dollar jeep in the boonies w/ 33"s, not a CLEAN CRX that the internet swoons over.

Fletch1
Fletch1 HalfDork
9/11/13 5:18 p.m.

This sucks to hear. It looked very legit.

Mazda787b
Mazda787b Reader
9/11/13 8:43 p.m.

In reply to Fletch1:

I know. I actually had cash in my hand do pick this one up, and am in dire need of a car for the next month or two (until I get my "beater" Neon back together). This would've fit the bill perfectly.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
r4N6HMQpNOjLviSh7Hq9kJ5OvAFiLUQflXJBzXDadpatb6ZmrvZWxIg1rrs30hCg