singleslammer Dork
12/2/13 1:39 p.m.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/4224465619.html

NMNA but SOO MUCH WANT!!

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
12/2/13 2:06 p.m.

+1

Not thrilled with the color but damn... a lot of work went into that car.

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop Reader
12/2/13 2:12 p.m.

I'm surprised the seller didn't comment on the suspension and brakes.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/2/13 5:23 p.m.

That looks like an absolute riot! and I love the color!!! :D

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/2/13 6:04 p.m.

Holy Crap!

old_
old_ Reader
12/2/13 9:33 p.m.

sweet

ultraclyde
ultraclyde SuperDork
12/3/13 6:55 a.m.

I do believe that is my new definition of cool. It looks to be well worth the money, although I probably would paint it BRG eventually.

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro HalfDork
12/3/13 7:31 a.m.

Stuff like this gives me bad ideas I do like it and the price isn't bad, good thing it is not close to me.

Might be a good idea to do to my 75 MGB, should be slightly faster than the awesome 62.5 hp 1.8L in it now.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/3/13 7:47 a.m.

I'd take a Saw-Zall to that shifter.

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop Reader
12/3/13 8:25 a.m.

I was going to scoff at the engine choice, but it looks like those made 205hp stock.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
12/3/13 8:31 a.m.

Aside from an overwhelming urge to mute that paintjob... that is one sweet little car.

914driver: I drove a friend's race car with a tall shifter like that in an endurance race at NJMP this summer and it took some getting used to. After I did get used to it... really, really nice for quick shifts without taking your hands off the wheel. I just started fabbing one for my own car.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/3/13 8:33 a.m.

Call me old, I don't think I could get my foot that high.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
12/3/13 8:45 a.m.

I hate those engines, but this is holy E36 M3 awesome.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/3/13 8:50 a.m.

Not my favorite color, but it looks damn good on that. Too bad I don't fit in those.

wae
wae Reader
12/3/13 8:57 a.m.

For some reason, I absolutely love the interior.

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine HalfDork
12/3/13 9:08 a.m.

Better mpg than a rover v8

RossD
RossD PowerDork
12/3/13 9:54 a.m.

All that for the 3.8 and no supercharger? I guess if I had to cut the hood, I'd probably skip it though.

mw
mw Dork
12/3/13 9:58 a.m.

I like that a lot. I even like the colour. No money for extra cars right now or I'd be on a road trip

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/3/13 1:41 p.m.
Sil80redtop wrote: I was going to scoff at the engine choice, but it looks like those made 205hp stock.

I had a 87 Grand Prix and a 93 Bonneville with that motor. Bring it up ti 3500 rpm and ride the torque train. They moved both of those cars far better than they should have.

I know of one person tryin to find an AWD gearbox for a supercharged version for a bonkers challenge build.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/3/13 1:59 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: 914driver: I drove a friend's race car with a tall shifter like that in an endurance race at NJMP this summer and it took some getting used to. After I did get used to it... really, really nice for quick shifts without taking your hands off the wheel. I just started fabbing one for my own car.

How exactly does that work?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
12/3/13 2:33 p.m.
bgkast wrote:
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: 914driver: I drove a friend's race car with a tall shifter like that in an endurance race at NJMP this summer and it took some getting used to. After I did get used to it... really, really nice for quick shifts without taking your hands off the wheel. I just started fabbing one for my own car.
How exactly does that work?

Well, you do actually have to take one hand off the wheel... but only for a very short time. Normally you would take your right hand off the wheel, reach down to the tunnel - maybe a foot or more, change gears and bring your hand back up. It takes time, wastes effort. On really long runs like an enduro you repeat it thousands of times. Here you move like 2 inches and right back on the wheel.

It was pretty awkward at first but, like I said... I got used to it and now I want one. I probably don't want it in my street car though.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
12/3/13 6:07 p.m.

The fellow onasled who is building the mid-engine MINI used to make/sell those for R50/53 MINI's - precisely for that reason. They were meant to go on an adjustable (IIRC - B&M) SSK. You'd slam the lever down as far as it would go (lowering the shift knob a lot), then install his extension to bring it back up closer to the steering wheel for quicker shifting on the track.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/3/13 6:23 p.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

I thought you were shifting with your elbow or something.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UltraDork
12/3/13 6:36 p.m.
Spinout007 wrote:
Sil80redtop wrote: I was going to scoff at the engine choice, but it looks like those made 205hp stock.
I had a 87 Grand Prix and a 93 Bonneville with that motor. Bring it up ti 3500 rpm and ride the torque train. They moved both of those cars far better than they should have. I know of one person tryin to find an AWD gearbox for a supercharged version for a bonkers challenge build.

I had a late 90s Bonneville with one, it had eery amounts of torque up high, acceleration to 100mph was practically linear, while sounding like a giant vacuum cleaner. If I didn't have a propensity to grenade engines with reputations for extreme durability(I killed a early 5S-FE Camry, and aforementioned 3800 S2 Bonneville, in two weeks!) I wouldn't mind one in a big old RWD cruiser with a stick.

fanfoy
fanfoy HalfDork
12/3/13 10:00 p.m.

That thing is a paint job away from greatness. WTF was he thinking?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
szJh4fOLKGDDs0vLxG1jFGC2U3OncFbziIJSnCxvKuwctnjbmgnc1w5pVpIlSe82