Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/19/18 6:29 p.m.

7/24 edit - Reduced price, added pictures / parts list, unbundled the service tools and accessories.  

~~~

I have my eye on another project.  If I miss out, I'll pull the ad.  This has been a great car -- it's a rocket ship and a ton of fun to drive.  And now all of the scary stuff has been done...at great expense.   

Year: 2002
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 996
Mileage (numbers only please): 122500
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Seal Gray
VIN: wp0ba29932s635417
Price (no $ sign please): $SOLD
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Targa
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

My hobby is working on European cars. I pick up solid examples, correct any deferred maintenance, enjoy them for 6mo-1yr and then repeat...usually at a small financial loss. I know, I'm a sadist.

I picked up this Targa in March and performed the following maintenance:

• Passed LNE IMS retrofit prequalification, including pulling the sump and inspecting for debris (none)
  • LNE IMS Single Row Pro bearing retrofit (IMS and other original parts replaced available for inspection)
  • Rear Main Seal (Porsche updated design, wasn't leaking before, still doesn't)
  • Sachs OEM clutch
  • OEM Waterpump
  • LNE Low-temp thermostat
  • Spark plugs
  • MAF sensor
  • Brake overhaul - rebuilt calipers, OEM rotors, OEM pads, Goodridge SS lines
  • Professionally refinished wheels -- sandblast, inspect, powder coated Greenland Silver and ultra gloss topcoat
  • New Continental Extremecontact Sport tires
  • Cleaned radiators
  • Hood lifts
  • Fixed heater blend door foam
  • Align/balance
  • Fresh Joe Gibbs DT40 oil, after Mobil 1 break-in post-IMS
  • Fresh coolant vacuum-bled
  • and a whole bunch of other odds and ends I'm afraid to add up. I have invoices.

Condition:

Car runs great, is completely caught up on maintenance, and doesn't leak or consume any fluids. It looks great, sounds great, drives great. I know the miles are high. The previous owner put 18k on it in a year as a daily driver. To me, this was a selling point because the car was known to be reliable and they don't like to sit around.

Targa top and sunshade work great. Engine is healthy. I have two Blackstone oil analysis and previous Carfax as well.

Why am I selling?

I have my eye on my next project. If that window of opportunity closes, then I'll pull the ad. Otherwise I'm enjoying the car quite a lot.

Mods, bonuses, other:

• Gundo exhaust hack -- basically a permanently-on PSE. Car sounds great...very conservative, but not silent. Makes no noise at idle or cruise, just a little snarl on acceleration.
  • Kenwood Excelon head unit -- modern Bluetooth and Apple CarPlay integration

I will gladly:

• Facilitate local 3rd party inspections. European Auto Garage would be a good local place in Knoxville, TN
  • Arrange transport from the airport for out of town buyers
  • Provide any other detail pictures or videos upon request
  • Provide references for others that have purchased cars from me.

Thanks for looking!

HERE IS A LINK TO MORE PICTURES:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/24Pukydz9iXCgk2bA

Available separately:  Durametric cable, software, laptop, Bentley Manual, IMS/RMS service tools.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/19/18 6:35 p.m.

Those are the only Targas the look good to me. GLWS. 

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
7/20/18 8:46 a.m.

I enjoy this car. I will speak to my wife-o about it.. but timing isn't right.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/20/18 8:51 a.m.

I freaking love that color. GLWS.

thewheelman
thewheelman Reader
7/20/18 8:59 a.m.

I'm going to need you to not sell this car for about a year or so. 

Tyler H
7/20/18 9:20 a.m.

Thanks for the kind words.  I'd like to thank my wife, who embraces....or at least tolerates my vehicular mental illness.

Totally cliche, but I don't have to sell this car and I do like it.  I just want to play with all the cars before I die.

If anyone needs any justification, Targas are really practical.  Here are a couple of pictures from last weekend.  I had to help my buddy fix his BMW.  That's a Rubbermaid tote full of tools and a jump box in the frunk, and a full grocery trip in the hatch, with room to spare.

Tyler H
7/24/18 10:20 a.m.

Reduced price, added bill of materials to the photo album for maintenance parts.

Tyler H
7/31/18 6:24 p.m.

Pending sale

Jaynen
Jaynen UltraDork
8/1/18 5:40 p.m.

I mean I think we all want to play with all the cars before we die so makes sense to me!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VFSCPXP1mLdN2G4xWGHarKBkvQoNfTQkvm5rUpzjqntZSaStOHylRcrL9UbZCX0Z