Redline
Redline New Reader
6/16/13 1:11 p.m.

[ EDIT: this post is now in the right place, and is priced appropriately. be nice to the new guy - JoeyM]

~$8500~

The '~' denotes negotiable.

I must sell the below project car. I do not have the time, money, or amount of tools it will take to make this car right, or do right by it. My largest concern is that this car, which has HUGE potential, will just sit if I keep it. To me, that is the most blasphemous thing that can happen to it. My father brought it to me last Summer with the intent my boys and I get it ready for my son. We figured out really fast that on a Disabled Veteran/Full time student funding, that we no way had the money that this project would take. The meager amount of tools I have(enough to do some home maintenance, maybe a little work on a car) were not enough to do the job. If parts are replaced with NOS stuff from Moss, no way we have that kind of dough. To me it is pure sacrilege to let it sit. This car needs someone to restore/rebuild it into a nasty V8 powered Cobra Killer. I know there is someone out there with the experience, desire, time, and financial wherewithal to make right by this car

1954 Austin Healy 100 BN-1 Body is straight, just surface rust Frame is good, but the car does have rust on the side or end supports that attach to the frame. The hood is now missing, although it still may be in a bent up wad on the side of a Texas highway unrecovered(my pop saw it fly up from the rear-view, and as he stopped saw it run over by a semi) The car has a paper history of non op, and a statement of no interest from California DMV. My father bought the converted to V8 car in 1983. The 327 was given away but the Muncie remains. The wheels are 15" ET's with adapters, all intact

The 'Short Block': My father built the engine in 1984. He and I took it all the way down to parts and rebuilt it in 2002. The pistons were shaved to a +/- 11.5:1. The rods are Chevy 'pink' rods, and the cam is 28x/29x advertised duration high lift propitiatory Clay Smith piece("I have just what you are looking for gents, it's a nice cam that is pretty streetable and will give you what you are looking for in idle and capability. Thank you for serving son, go over there and grab a few t-shirts for yourself. We appreciate what you guys do!"). When I last saw that engine, I had totally covered it in corrosion preventative and sealed it for my father. In 2007 his best friend 'needed a top end' for his boat. The engine was unsealed from it's original bag, top end torn off, and 'covered with a towel and a garbage bag'. It obviously needs to be rebuilt once again after it has been torn apart and hot tanked(I was a little upset when I opened the truck and saw this, but, it was his stuff...). I am still mystified as to why the 'new' Aviad pan I had is replaced with an obviously used one, but I suspect his best friend has that as well.

The Transmission: NIB Doug Nash Competition 5, With a NIB Hurst Shifter. Never used, still free of corrosion and looks like new

Stuff/Missing Stuff: Have gauges, all trim pieces. Seats are present but need to be restored Floorpans, trunk bottom are intact and good as are firewalls and trunk separation walls NIB wire kit, FULL wiring harness for the entire car 5" Monster Tach Fender Flares Dash is missing, Hood is missing. Engine's top end is missing

1954 BN100 Le mans photo AH19541004-1.jpg

Doug Nash Comp 5 photo DougNashComp5.jpg

'72 LT1 photo 72_350LT1.jpg

The works, as is, take it ALL for

~$8500~

The '~' denotes negotiable.

I have seen these cars with rusted through floopans and missing trim or missing hoods or trunk lids for between $7500 and $10,000. I know the transmission is worth about $2000 as that has been a 'would you sell this or that' offer that has been consistent. I have no interest in parting this stuff out as that will detract from the entire projects actual value

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
6/16/13 2:57 p.m.

Welcome aboard. I moved your ad to the classifieds.

Redline
Redline New Reader
6/16/13 10:29 p.m.

Ladies, 'all or nothing' is non negotiable. "I have no interest in parting this stuff out as that will detract from the entire projects actual value "

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
6/16/13 11:01 p.m.

Redline, check the ******@yahoo.com email address you used when you registered. I'm sending you a private message at that account.

Redline
Redline New Reader
6/17/13 9:32 a.m.

got it Joey, replied to as well.

I shoot, have a house full of iron, and love to bust paper out to 1kM, or knock day glo orange paint cans out at 600M. I have also found that the worst range to be on is the two way...they really suck. I originally posted this in Classic because classic car. tried to get the(edited) at British V8 to remove the add there because I received an offer for Exclusiv on BaT, but since the (edited) at British V8 would not remove the add'because we want a record of what is offered for these cars for life for our archives'" I cannot get the great coverage at BaT that I wanted. I have been reading both Classic and Grassroots for years. They have gotten me through a few deployments as well. Please don't be an (edited). If you are interested in the project, and desire to buy it with a reasonable offer, I am interested. If you only want pieces or parts, please refrain from contacting me. I am not interested in parting it out at all.

octavious
octavious Reader
6/17/13 1:33 p.m.

So what is the status of the title? Does it have one?

Redline
Redline New Reader
6/17/13 3:17 p.m.

In reply to octavious:

It has old paper from California for Inop, and a statement from California DMV that they have no title on file that DOES acknowledge the VIN as THE VIN for the car. The plate has been primered over in a move to try to keep things good. I think a simple application of thinner might remove it all but I do not want to scrub too hard and possibly ruin any stuff on the plate. A new title here in TN(very lax laws) is $70 and can be obtained with what I have. I just do not have the $70 to do it with. From what I can tell, the vehicle was registered as Non Op in Northern California since 1983 which did not require a title due to the vehicle's age and it's status. I have everything needed to title it here, and it requires no travel permit if trailered out of, or in state

Redline
Redline New Reader
6/18/13 9:05 a.m.

Norman Rest, a really nice guy that is a member on British V8 shows the hows and what's of his restomod here:

http://www.britishv8.org/Other/NormanRest.htm

This is his result:

His car was built not bought from a condition far worse than what we are discussing here

Redline
Redline New Reader
6/20/13 4:54 p.m.

REDUCED!

$7,500 I must sell this asap.

Redline
Redline New Reader
7/7/13 2:13 p.m.

SOLD! This project as of today has been sold.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Fd3Axa12Osaxu4XFupQSXm5rP8RbTM3GALKGHOlFU5XZ34mqL9pY9zFmnVARAhlQ