closer2thecone
closer2thecone New Reader
5/8/18 8:28 p.m.

I was going to build a DM autocross car from a NC Miata but plans have changed and I've got to make some room.  I have parts from a donor car an some spares.  

Highlights of parts from the donor car:

Front crossmember with suspension - left control arms and steering rack have crash damage, spindle ok
2.0 Engine - complete with wiring harness, all accessories and header and cat delete mid pipe. Ran when crashed
6 speed transmission, driveshaft and PPF - shifts through all gears, Forward/Upper PPF tab on trans was broken during dissassembly should be able to be weld repaired
Interior bits - pedals, column, dash, hvac parts, handbrake lever with cables
Rear crossmember with suspension and Torsen differential 
Complete car wiring harness, fuse box, ECU, wiper motor and arms
Fuel tank, vapor recover system and hard lines
Hard brake lines, ABS pump, brake master cylinder with booster

And the spares:

Engine 1 - complete with wiring harness and all accessories. Service tag says it needs head gasket
Engine 2 - complete with wiring harness and all accessories- missing coil on plugs. Unknown condition.
LF Steering knuckle/upright complete with wheel bearing/hub, brake and rotor
Front wheel bearing/hub
More NC miata wheel center caps than anyone could concievable want.
Engine wiring harnes
Battery wiring harness

I would prefer to sell as a package, please do not ask me to separate it. I'm asking $3000 for everything. Look at it as getting 3 engines, a 6 speed trans, and a torsen for $600 ea plus have all the chassis, wiring, interior bits and other spares included at no additional cost.

I'm in Cary, NC. email tsimon@westcarybarbell(DOT)com or call nine one nine - 943-62seven4

Tom Simon

locost, specmiata, miata, donor car, torsen, Dmod, Emod

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/9/18 7:51 a.m.

What year and how many miles on the engine that ran/runs?

closer2thecone
5/10/18 6:17 a.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 :

I honestly can't say what the mileage was.  They odometer on the dash doesn't have power to show mileage on chassis.  This parts car and spares came from the Skip Barber Racing School bankruptcy auction so I can't say with certainty that any of the parts that I removed from the donor car were original to the car.  Because it was a school, I would expect that the cars were fairly well maintained and any performance issues were promptly addressed.  

AWSX1686
5/10/18 8:13 a.m.

Hmm. Any other identification on it? Mostly trying to figure out if it's a 06-08 or an 09+ engine. Hopefully the reason I'm asking doesn't actually require a new engine...

closer2thecone
5/10/18 8:14 p.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 :

I did some digging and according to the title,  the chassis that these parts came out of was a 2007.

AWSX1686
5/11/18 7:58 a.m.

Ok, thanks!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uFouGDDSlcWQmpqp38kdaki9rIUSzB4VzznWP4lU7UNxST3CggOAjk4eoEBlLWEx