Nick Murphy
Nick Murphy New Reader
8/19/13 3:54 p.m.

Hey, my 19 year old sister in law, in her green 91 Volvo 240, hit someone who ran a stopsign last week. Luckily being a Volvo it took the hit pretty well, mostly pushing her bumper back, breaking carrier bearing, and bending fender enough so her drivers side corner marker wont fit anymore. Since shes a broke college student I figured I would put an eye out for parts for her to get it back on the road. If anyone has a good deal on 240 drivers side fender, Im located in Oxford, inlaws in Flushing. Let me know, thanks

Nick

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/19/13 4:12 p.m.

Have you tried car-part.com? Aggregator of wrecking yard parts inventories...

Nick Murphy
Nick Murphy New Reader
8/19/13 5:51 p.m.

Thanks, starting to sound like we'll probably be looking for a parts car.

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
8/20/13 12:11 p.m.

There seems to be a guy in Lansing on turbobricks forums that deals in 240s. You might start there.

Nick Murphy
Nick Murphy New Reader
8/20/13 6:50 p.m.

thanks

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
8/27/13 11:08 p.m.

I have a parts car--by parts car, I mean it is a complete running car. Needs an Exhaust, floorboards patched (no carpet), and a tire to be run for a long while more. I think. I just bought it on Saturday, and was intending to fix it up. I have $400 into it and would sell it for $600 if you can arrange to pick it up in Bloomington, IL. 89 sedan 5 speed w/ over 200k miles, the passenger side fender and hood are a little dented, but it comes with replacement ones.

Yes, I realize this is not a great deal, and I'm making out on it, but I figured I would offer it just in case you're interested. I want to play around with it, but everything is for sale for a price.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ShXYv9JYUt5X0YKUOjSJDGvXCkU1ueNo64J2johojgvnR5yyI6O9fMXTcmnmjaK1