oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UltraDork
1/22/16 2:20 p.m.

As title states... I have a completely re-manufactured high comp 4AGE with OST-032 ported head... and it comes with its own delivery device - a 1987 FX16!!

I bought this last spring when I believed my wife and I were moving from Portland to Eugene, so I would have a "commuter" going from Eugene to Portland. Those plans fell flat, we stayed in Portland, so I have no need for this special FX16.

This is a genuine FX16... just not an FX16 GTS... so this is far more stealthy

When I bought the FX it had a bad engine... cyl 3 had ingested a spark plug electrode and did significant damage to both the head and the block. So a new engine was built........

Now to the "New" engine:

7 rib none squirter block, 40mm rod journal crank, 40/18 rods modified to take a press fit 20mm wrist pin, 81.5mm aftermarket 10.3 to one pistons, new Toyota rod bolts/nuts, short block assembled by Loynings, Cometic .036 head gasket, stock 87 and earlier cams, new Toyota (OST ported) oil pump, AEM adjustable timing pulleys, and an OST ported largeport head with a Loynings valve job... All Toyota gaskets except Cometic .036" head gasket

link to GRM build log - https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/meet-skippy/100883/page1/

$3500 or best offer...

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UltraDork
3/23/16 3:35 p.m.

I should raise the price..........

4th gear pull... - 120.5 whp 109#/ft........ and look at that low end

I even have video -

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/16 7:28 p.m.

3k miles from me is the problem. I am in the market for a car and that would be a fun toy.

trucke
trucke Dork
7/13/16 11:34 a.m.
oldeskewltoy wrote: I should raise the price.......... 4th gear pull... - 120.5 whp 109#/ft........ and look at that low end I even have video -

Wish mine was close to that.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/20/17 2:03 p.m.

Is there any performance aftermarket for these left? It might fit my current needs if my attempts at finding a bike don't work out, but I'd have to be able to do a little suspension and brake work in case I "accidentally" find myself at Laguna Seca or Sonoma .

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UltraDork
2/20/17 3:00 p.m.
BoxheadTim wrote: Is there any performance aftermarket for these left? It might fit my current needs if my attempts at finding a bike don't work out, but I'd have to be able to do a little suspension and brake work in case I "accidentally" find myself at Laguna Seca or Sonoma .

not a great deal here in the states... They are more popular in other markets, and I believe there are some performance parts available.... (seen on facebook)

I also have a friend who has a whole bunch of performance related "stuff"... as well as extra interior bits, and other bits..... as he use to rally his...

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/20/17 3:13 p.m.

Hmm. That suggest I should give it a miss as I don't think I have the sort of spare time to deal with another vehicles that suffers from hard to find parts. Cool car though.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Gcb7Y6UP8CEzGgjCcJ6Gv2M1MD56VZJfKEIoKujc0h0Z2otgTL3oOjHzHEj0F4dc