schumithecat
schumithecat Reader
7/11/17 11:43 a.m.

1992 Saab 9000 turbo track car, 5 speed manual trans. Stock 2.3 liter, 4 cyl. 16 valve engine and T25 turbo, factory intercooler and oil cooler. Around 1k miles on professionally rebuilt head and turbo, new suspension (Bilsteins, B&G springs, urethane control arm and sway bar bushings, new rubber bushings elsewhere, camber bolts, new brake lines), Sachs clutch kit. Lots of new parts (including pretty much all sensors and sending units and middle muffler). Gutted interior (no rear seats, no stereo, no carpet, no HVAC, deleted sunroof). Race seat, harness, extra gauges (oil temp & pressure, boost). Balance shafts disconnected (less smooth but more power). Motor mounts filled in (little more vibration but stiffer drivetrain). Battery relocated to rear. R-compound front tires and RS-4 front brake pads. Second muffler replaced with custom pipe (not loud). Deleted traction control system (running 1991 non-TCS ECU with aftermarket chips). Has working lights, turn signals, power windows, and wipers (it is registered). I have a lot of time and money in this car after 5 years of ownership, but I recently got a project car and wife says this one has to go. Guesstimate this thing makes around 225 bhp. This is a great track car for someone who wants something different than the usual suspects. Car is light and fast. Asking $3000.

calteg
calteg Dork
7/11/17 2:13 p.m.

I...don't....need....this.

schumithecat
schumithecat Reader
7/24/17 5:35 p.m.

i'm shocked by the low demand for 25 year old Swedish cars. I may have to put this on ebay.

calteg
calteg Dork
7/26/17 2:43 p.m.
schumithecat wrote: i'm shocked by the low demand for 25 year old Swedish cars. I may have to put this on ebay.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/26/17 4:09 p.m.

In reply to schumithecat:

You're way too close to me. Unfortunately the garage(and my time//funds) are occupied by the Vette for the foreseeable future, sadly.

schumithecat
schumithecat Reader
10/3/17 10:37 a.m.

I got my other project car running and my wife is really leaning on me to get rid of one of them and I'd rather keep the other one because I just got it this year. It is painful to do (given the ridiculous amount of time and % I have in this car) but I'm going to put it on the $2017 board for $2017. 

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/4/17 6:47 a.m.

Pretty sweet and unique ride

schumithecat
schumithecat Reader
10/10/17 12:13 p.m.

here is a link to some more photos in all its glory....

I drove it Sunday and this thing takes off like a cross between a raped ape and a scalded cat. 

someone buy this thing.

i will keep the driver side seat/3 pt. harness and move the passenger ones to driver side. 

http://s59.photobucket.com/user/schumicat/library/SAAB

schumithecat
schumithecat Reader
11/2/17 11:50 a.m.

bump for price drop to $1,500.  this is an incredible deal for someone. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jm3gWiQ4cy0k1yu6MW6wV1pEh0SGPzge1ZGWDTA6foVqWJOc9vlU7g3ZCbg9AK8C