Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic SuperDork
7/17/13 12:43 a.m.

Do want but that's half a semester of school.

See the sad communists build Trabants. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emoF0EFxjjA Turn on captions in German, then click translate captions.

Good video for a prospective buyer, shows you where all the steel is, for rust inspection.

fidelity101
fidelity101 Dork
7/22/13 7:35 a.m.

DO NOT BUY:

My friend is an eastern european nut! his guns, cars, vacations and wife is from there! (no joke) He drove from Detroit to MD to this guy to buy this trablant or another one, the photos he recieved were 3 years old and when he arrived the photos did not show any rust but there was a considerable ammount of rust, this guy is a scammer!

stay away!

pres589
pres589 SuperDork
7/22/13 7:57 a.m.

In reply to fidelity101:

Frame rust I assume? The body is an extremely difficult to recycle plastic.

fidelity101
fidelity101 Dork
7/22/13 8:02 a.m.

In reply to pres589:

yeah and floorboards

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic SuperDork
7/22/13 11:34 a.m.

In reply to pres589:

Its more or less built like a Saturn, mostly steel, rockers, pillars, roof, shock towers, wheel houses, frame horns, floors, the composites were only used on the exterior body panels. Lots of steel in those to rust, mostly load bearing. Watch the video I linked, you'll get a real good idea how they're built.

carzan
carzan Dork
7/29/13 11:12 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: In reply to pres589: Its more or less built like a Saturn, mostly steel, rockers, pillars, roof, shock towers, wheel houses, frame horns, floors, the composites were only used on the exterior body panels. Lots of steel in those to rust, mostly load bearing. Watch the video I linked, you'll get a real good idea how they're built.

Real men don't wear respirators when painting cars.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic SuperDork
7/29/13 11:38 p.m.

In reply to carzan:

Its ok, they were only breathing lead and VOCs back then, rather than cyanide compounds.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2tv0LsmMbrJkalfSdNHcC7bIaiHx8QU4v7pr7PvXKaSuEQwUa3Xmiq0ZvNZ4BMQa