Conquest351
Conquest351 UltraDork
8/29/13 1:30 p.m.

NMNA, wish it was though...

http://dupontregistry.com/autos/search/DrauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=1908163

Conquest351
Conquest351 UltraDork
8/29/13 1:30 p.m.

Widebody. Damnit, why can't we edit our topic!?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/29/13 1:35 p.m.

Is this the guy that took his ball and went home?

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/29/13 1:51 p.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

indeed, it is he

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
8/29/13 2:00 p.m.

that's pretty.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
8/29/13 2:28 p.m.

That is a really neat car/build that makes as much sense at $92K as a screen door on a submarine. The 2-Eleven. 1,468lb, 252 hp, brand new for $75k makes a whole lot of sense in comparison. Maybe I could remove the blipper to make a big discount for knowing how to downshift

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
8/29/13 2:51 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Is this the guy that took his ball and went home?

He has been kicked off at least five forums that I use to buy high end cars. Car is worth 25K on a good day and not registrable.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
8/29/13 2:53 p.m.

I've seen it in person, it's as clean as it appears.... definitely not worth that cash though.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/29/13 3:15 p.m.

Wow, I was automatically assuming that it was a Europa.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/29/13 3:21 p.m.

I recall the thread he started here, but why did he leave? I missed the fireworks.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/29/13 3:43 p.m.
dyintorace wrote: I recall the thread he started here, but why did he leave? I missed the fireworks.

well, he left, before he came back.

Long and short, he posted a cool thread, wires got crossed, he got offended, the rest of us were all like "lolyumadtho?" and he was like "lolkback".

Not sure what I think. Great idea, executed well. But the asking price is asinine. In his other thread, back in april, he posted, and I quote:

guy said: the engine conversion was $30k... the widebody conversion... $25k. I'm over a $100k in a car that won't sell for more than $50k.

I agree...wont sell for more than $50k...or more than $40k...for 100 large, theres are bout 2 dozen other cars Id rather buy, all at once...several of which would likely give the Lotus we are discussing a serious run for its money.

Like I said, its a cool car, and a very interesting build. Its obvious he passionate, and able to see a project thru to the end (somewhat rare 'round these parts). Its also obvious hes a delusional lunatic (not so rare 'round these parts).

Conquest351
Conquest351 UltraDork
8/29/13 5:25 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote:
dyintorace wrote: I recall the thread he started here, but why did he leave? I missed the fireworks.
well, he left, before he came back. Long and short, he posted a cool thread, wires got crossed, he got offended, the rest of us were all like "lolyumadtho?" and he was like "lolkback". Not sure what I think. Great idea, executed well. But the asking price is asinine. In his other thread, back in april, he posted, and I quote:
guy said: the engine conversion was $30k... the widebody conversion... $25k. I'm over a $100k in a car that won't sell for more than $50k.
I agree...wont sell for more than $50k...or more than $40k...for 100 large, theres are bout 2 dozen other cars Id rather buy, all at once...several of which would likely give the Lotus we are discussing a serious run for its money. Like I said, its a cool car, and a very interesting build. Its obvious he passionate, and able to see a project thru to the end (somewhat rare 'round these parts). Its also obvious hes a delusional lunatic (not so rare 'round these parts).

Truly, the most accurate description of everything.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
8/31/13 3:37 p.m.

The price does seem a bit steep for a track-only car that isn't built to any particular racing class. IMHO, he should have brought the car to the UTCC. A good finish there may have given it some real-world credibility against similar track-only builds and may have helped justify the asking price.

But hey... it never hurts to try... it's a lot easier to lower your price than to wonder, "what if..." especially if he's not in a rush to sell.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
8/31/13 3:51 p.m.
Conquest351 wrote: Widebody. Damnit, why can't we edit our topic!?

You're welcome

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PswzrZgLpXOTYln9gKIN1ac6U8X2UrAjjA9fDtq3cJPDxFitiIFDMYr88BDxzHm5