TR7
TR7 Reader
6/26/18 10:47 a.m.

"""SOLD"""

2000 GTI VR6. 120k miles, black, manual transmission, black interior with heated leather seats. Runs, drives, stops, and turns. Was used daily and always maintained, but my wife got a new car, so its been sitting.

I’ll try and cover everything to represent it fairly, paint is faded on the edge of the top of the doors (but not peeling), fender has some rust behind drivers front wheel but the rocker is fine, interior bolster seam on the driver seat is starting to split, and headliner (was recovered in the past and is starting to sag in the back).

We bought it from a family friend, who was more or less a VW enthusiast, with about 105k on it. It was well maintained (regular synthetic oil changes and by the book upkeep) by myself and the previous owner, VW replacement parts bought from ECS or idparts. When I got it I changed the plugs, wires, coil, transmission fluid (royal purple), those plastic coolant pieces under the intake, thermostat, and checked over the car to make sure everything mechanical was up to date. It was parked outside in the driveway, hence the faded paint, general cosmetic issues, and sagging headliner. The sunroof does not leak as the drains were kept cleaned. Paint can probably come back with buffing, but I’m not a great detail guy.

I also refreshed the front suspension using new Audi TT parts at around 110k. TT steering knuckle (used TT knuckle, new bearings), hubs, control arms , bushings, sway bar links, and springs (VR6 wagon, not TT. Same ride height as stock but a bit stiffer) with bilstein shocks all around. Brakes are HPS all around, and I also have brand new HP+ for the fronts. It was my wife’s car to play with, she bought a new VW, never took this one to the track and lost interest. I have my own mk3 track car, and daily a truck for work, so this has just been sitting and I would rather have something different. 

Looking for something else that would be neat to tool around in, or a handful of cash so I can purchase aforementioned something else. Trades would have to be running and driving. I wouldn't expect something perfect, but on the road. While a pile of rusted parts would be much less practical, I have enough of that to deal with already. Ideally interested in the same things as everyone else; pre-95, not an automatic (unless its a nice Jag), Jeep YJ, MG BGT, TR7, mr2, or things along those lines.

maximum_scott
maximum_scott
7/8/18 5:23 p.m.

Motorcycles?

TR7
TR7 Reader
7/10/18 9:13 a.m.

In reply to maximum_scott :

It would have to be a really convincing bike. Maybe an 80s BMW R, Guzzi, or CB900F.

crewperson
crewperson Reader
7/16/18 6:43 p.m.

Did I miss the price?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aGz5u579EeWP9KPRGfBVluasNXGy3x6x2C1DufhUzn9BeFwIx7m5rAZgQsmFAHi2