alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
2/26/15 1:09 p.m.

In the process of selling my cars, a guy tells me he has these two cars for sale.

I have pictures he sent in a flikr group- https://www.flickr.com/photos/33164727@N02/sets/72157648730287373/

Both have issues... but here's what he writes me:

hat he can easily pay much more than that! not counting the time to built one. (As we know ) Enclosed are the pictures of my Alfa GTV's. The maroon one Is a 73 mod. and completed one. The red one Is A 71 Mod but just a roller parts car. I'll be glad to pay you a finders fee If you help me to sell them, I'm only asking $ 4,500 oo as you know. Regards Mike. Phone # days 8to 5pm (352) 368 1990.

He's Florida- and seems to be near Ormond Beach. I know that place for some reason...

BTW, my pictures say '74- but that's my mistake- it's a 73.

The '71 that is enginless should have a 1750 engine in it, BUT any 2.0l from any Spider will drop into it.

Lots of work, sure, but for two GTV's, it's going to be tough to find them near this price in any condition these days.

If someone is brave, and want the cheap recipe for springs to race with, I have that- cheap stock car parts fit.

NOT MY CAR. Don't contact me.

This should drive GPS nuts.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
2/26/15 1:30 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver:

Nope. When I see that much tin worm and it's not free I sleep better knowing that it won't end up as a planter growing weeds in my yard.

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
2/26/15 1:44 p.m.

my car will still be an option, then.

markwemple
markwemple HalfDork
2/26/15 2:41 p.m.

Is the testarossa dead too?

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy SuperDork
2/26/15 3:37 p.m.

thank god its Florida..... can't be much further away from me. Having owned one (in a different life) I'd like another... and common sense often has a fighting chance when there is 3400 miles between me and another I might be able to afford... (fine a pair... but that just means my transportation costs double)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
48lkKHR4fIkEKulJ6EVeqCgTUzwIZOE1FXatZ7itHBsX5D1OiwXLDhRnAOh4wklM