1 2
DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
5/24/15 10:49 a.m.

I miss my mini immensely. I wish I could buy yours. I'll trade you an old iPhone 3Gs, some top soil, my kids tennis shoes, and a few bucks for it

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/24/15 12:24 p.m.

WOW, that is nice. Not for me, but awesome car.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
5/24/15 12:47 p.m.

Nice car but RHD is too scary to have in the crazy south.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 HalfDork
5/24/15 12:59 p.m.

One of my dream cars and I love the pic of the Mini next to the truck. Maybe in 10 years I'll be able to have a toy like this. Hope it finds a good home. You're totally right that cars like that deserve to be used.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
5/24/15 2:14 p.m.

You wanna trade straight up for a fully race ready E36 with a log book and three class wins at it's last outing?

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/24/15 2:20 p.m.

I'd try Bring a Trailer auctions.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
5/24/15 9:23 p.m.

Wow. I'm glad I'm not closer. My wife wants one bad.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/15 6:14 a.m.

That car would make you "That Cool Guy" at just about any local event.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
5/25/15 7:37 a.m.
Datsun1500 wrote:
Sine_Qua_Non wrote: Nice car but RHD is too scary to have in the crazy south.
RHD is not any harder to drive, especially in a car this small. Realistically, you're sitting 2 feet to the right. It's like leaning over the center console in a normal car

I totally agree. You're not much to the right of when you normally drive. And, as Woody said, you WILL be the cool guy at every event. I've had a picture of me and my family in the mini taken at a very large car show make it to the front page of the paper. None of the 100K cars there got at much attention as the little ol' mini.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
5/25/15 4:00 p.m.

I hate how you used to be able to get these for a song in England, but they're easily $10k+ cars here.

Great looking Mini BTW, hope you find it a good home.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
5/26/15 8:36 a.m.

I wish you were selling this 2+ years ago... then I may have bought it instead of mine. I spent about the same after factoring in work I had Heritage do prior to shipping plus the shipping. And I'm guessing with a 1380 it's geared better for hwy driving than the 997 in mine is.

If you own a Mini is simply MUST be RHD. Otherwise it's just lame.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
5/26/15 9:17 a.m.
Ian F wrote: If you own a Mini is simply MUST be RHD. Otherwise it's just lame.

Amen brother.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
5/26/15 1:01 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote: Wow. I'm glad I'm not closer. My wife wants one bad.

Ditto. I'm not ALL that far away, but it's not a financial ball park I can play in right now. But boy I wish it was, that's a fantastic car.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
5/26/15 1:05 p.m.

I would not mind a LHD Mini if it was an original US car, but RHD is fun. GLWS - did you post an ad on the Mini Mania classifieds?

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/26/15 1:25 p.m.

Phoenix eh, I grew up off Blenheim Rd.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
5/26/15 2:37 p.m.

In reply to Datsun1500:

I hear you about MiniMania. I'm not sure I'd bother posting mine there if I were trying to sell it either, but the ad will reach a wide audience. That forum used to be a good source of info, but I don't go there much anymore because the signal to noise ratio is way out of whack.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
5/26/15 3:23 p.m.

In reply to Datsun1500:

I agree. From the pictures, I doubt I'd paint it or worry much about appearances until it was really an issue. It's so much more fun to drive a car that you don't worry about getting dirty or getting another scratch. All 3 of my LBC's are 'driver' quality paint at best, which is just how I like them. Even when I restore my 1800ES, the paint will likely be a simple DIY spray job. I'm building the car to drive, not show.

rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/23/15 9:13 a.m.

Looks awesome. I'll be watching it. Good luck!

Woody
7/26/15 9:58 a.m.

Wow, nice little car.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/26/15 10:09 a.m.

glws

Heads up.. the ad description (copied from craigslist, I suspect) says "if it doesn't sell". A little confusing, but the "no reserve" part does make it clear.

Woody
7/26/15 10:16 a.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: I think the rust is scaring people. I didn't want to do a scuff and shoot to hide stuff, I'd rather be up front about it.

I totally get that. I'm kind of facing the same thing with my Miata right now. I don't want to hide anything, but when you write an honest descriptive ad, the phone doesn't seem to ring so much.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
7/26/15 11:35 a.m.

Currently at $6k-ish with 3 hrs to go. I wouldn't be surprised if it jumps up quite a bit at the end.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/26/15 2:28 p.m.

Looks a lot like mine, down to the just-enough-rust-to-keep-it-honest level. I think the only way to have a rust-free Rover Mini is to reshell it and park it in the Mojave desert. Being a bit more descriptive of exactly where the rust is might have helped with the sale, but the new owner should be quite happy with the price.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
7/26/15 2:52 p.m.

Not a bad price. Not great, but not bad. The buyer should be happy. I wish I had been in a position to bid on it. While I like my Mini, yours seems more suited for what I want. Mine is probably best suited for getting a cage and being raced.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/26/15 8:03 p.m.

Somebody stole this cool Mini

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
48Bib6Eb7FrdV80kKrerVr9pGLxO1uDfc1E7m7YLDcNlW4pbJqJ216H0xEnpgRlo