1 2
akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
5/2/18 10:25 a.m.

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/d/2005-nissan-pathfinder-se-off/6553089560.html

So my van is fixed and sold, the Jeep is running on it's new motor and I have two people interested in it for cheap.  Now there is a stack of cash burning a hole in my pocket and the need for a new family truckster.  

The link is pretty much the ideal truck, except for the 13 years in Michigan and the $1000 optimistic price.  I have contacted the seller and hope to look at it this weekend.

Private seller only.

Specifications as follows.

Needs to be 4WD, have leather heated seats for seven, under 150k, southern fly and drive preferred.  The 150k part has room to grow if it's a GX.

Fly and drives of one day unless it's too good to be true.

Budget is $6500 or less. 

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
5/2/18 10:40 a.m.

Atlanta!

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ctd/d/2005-nissan-pathfinder/6575871611.html

Honestly, you'll have a hard time finding a GX470 down here in that budget/mileage. Those are still around $10k. And the swing out rear door sucks from what I hear.

akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
5/2/18 11:40 a.m.

In reply to ultraclyde :

That is so close, I like that it is not silver.

That appears to be 2WD, based on the dummy plug where the selector should be.  Also I don't do dealers, I need to know at least some history, even if it's the owner lying to me.

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/2/18 12:16 p.m.

As a past owner of 2 GX470s, DO IT! No regrets loved every second with mine. 

Jaynen
Jaynen UltraDork
5/2/18 3:24 p.m.

Is the GX470 the Prado or the LC variant?

akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
5/2/18 5:37 p.m.

In reply to ultraclyde :

Cheap GX’s go quick, but I would love one.

akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
5/2/18 5:40 p.m.

In reply to Jaynen :  

A GX is basically a tall body V8 4Runner fancied with more seats and luxury appointments.  Yes the Prado in other markets.

akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
5/2/18 5:43 p.m.

On a side note an Explorer of 07 to 10 vintage would fit my needs perfectly, why do I have such an aversion to them.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/2/18 8:39 p.m.

You want to fly from Michigan to the south and drive back in 1 day? 

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/2/18 9:44 p.m.

Ha! I’m also on the hunt for a GX 

Jaynen
Jaynen UltraDork
5/3/18 9:01 a.m.

Why are you guys looking for GX vs LX? just curious?

grover
5/3/18 10:08 a.m.

In reply to Jaynen :

GX seems to be a bit cheaper? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.  I sort of like the GX better but I'm not completely beholden to that.  

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/3/18 11:06 a.m.

I haven't found an 05+ GX under $7500 that has less than 150k miles.

docwyte
docwyte SuperDork
5/3/18 1:08 p.m.

I've had my GX for the past 6 years.  Bomb proof Toyota standard.  The rear door really bugs the crap out of me, especially when the tailgate from the Land Cruiser or the hatchback with roll down glass from the 4Runner was available to use.

Two other small niggles, the brake pedal is really close to the throttle and the steering wheel rim is really thin.  Other than that, it's a really nice truck.

Any GX with around 100-120k miles around me is selling for $15-18k.  Only ones around $10k have 200k+ miles on them.

Jaynen
Jaynen UltraDork
5/3/18 1:42 p.m.

Jaynen
Jaynen UltraDork
5/3/18 1:43 p.m.

Jaynen
Jaynen UltraDork
5/3/18 1:44 p.m.

The Land Cruisers actually hold value a couple grand higher than the LX's and the LX's are quite a bit more than the GX's

grover
5/3/18 3:37 p.m.

I looked at a 2013 with just under a 100k miles today, it was $26k.  It looked brand new inside and out.  Would need to check on the timing belt service though. My wife will not be thrilled about that price, but I like to keep cars for nearly 10 years and this looks like it could handle that.  

Jaynen
Jaynen UltraDork
5/3/18 5:40 p.m.

Any of the "global platform" Toyota's should be long term rock solid IMO. Most the bad issues have been with things like the highlander hybrids which I think were made for the US market

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
5/4/18 6:39 a.m.

wow. The GX prices outside my immediate area are MUCH better. weird. Still not a fan of the swing out door on the back, but I'm not sure which years had those. My biggest issue with it is the fact it wouldn't cleat the winch post on my boat trailer when the boat's hooked up. 

akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
5/4/18 7:10 a.m.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/gray-2005-off-road-nissan/6557572260.html

This is just what I'm looking for.  Bose, Leather and the somewhat rare Off Road package.  Only 18 hours away.

And of course sold immediately. 

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
5/4/18 7:47 a.m.

again, wow. My experience 6 months ago here in GA looking for 4wd SUVs was that anything for less than 8k was a ragged out POS.  I really need to look further afield next time.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/4/18 10:32 a.m.

A limited 4Runner will have the leather heated seats. 

akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
5/4/18 11:34 a.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy :

And seat seven?

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/4/18 12:30 p.m.

With the third row option, sure. As far as I know, the 4Runner is the same thing as a GX470.

I guess it would really depend on how big the people are. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wKtDgvE7zjDbLmZUAySkk5NrXcKd7nzMt4s9q9SyxoKMNespYEAPCyXUWaTyaznH