1 2
akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
5/4/18 1:56 p.m.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/d/2008-nissan-pathfinder-4x4/6579642450.html

I called on this one, the fella has owned it for two weeks.  His brother sells cars, it's from Wisconsin.  Too good to be true?  The seller has English as second language possibly.

No history on this one but man it checks all my boxes and appears to be clean in CR photos.

Do I dare make a three hour trip just to get disappointed?

java230
java230 UltraDork
5/4/18 2:27 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

With the third row option, sure. As far as I know, the 4Runner is the same thing as a GX470.

I guess it would really depend on how big the people are. 

4r and GX are the same frame and running gear, different body.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
5/4/18 2:49 p.m.

Here's a slightly older option, but it checks all the boxes. How about a Luxury Edition Pathfinder?

https://gainesville.craigslist.org/cto/d/mint-condition-infiniti-qx4/6571389249.html

Jaynen
Jaynen UltraDork
5/4/18 2:54 p.m.

You can always PM M3Loco on here he is a wholesale car auction guy and has offered to assist people in the past.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/4/18 3:26 p.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

Get a Chicago member to lay eyes and possibly hands on it. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/4/18 3:26 p.m.
Jaynen said:

You can always PM M3Loco on here he is a wholesale car auction guy and has offered to assist people in the past.

This, he replies pretty quickly as well. 

akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
5/5/18 3:31 p.m.

In reply to ultraclyde :

Those are nice but only seat 5.

akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
5/5/18 5:37 p.m.

In reply to java230 :

The 4Runner tax is so high in Mi that a GX is actually less expensive.

akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
5/6/18 8:47 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Good call, M3Loco is on the case.  

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/6/18 9:40 p.m.
akylekoz said:

In reply to java230 :

The 4Runner tax is so high in Mi that a GX is actually less expensive.

I've found that to be the case with highlanders as well.  It's crazy.  

akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
5/14/18 12:55 p.m.

I'm gearing up for a fly and drive.  Some compromises have been made, and some of my personal rules have been broken.  Never the less I will be heading to Columbus for a road trip.

Rule #1 broken, it's black.

#2 it has a dent, I could have found one without.

#3 it is coming from the rust belt.

2008 Pathfinder V8 LE.   The seller sounded nice, she answered all of my questions correctly, accepted my offer and is willing to pick me up at the airport.

After calling on several that were getting flipped with no history it was refreshing to hear from an actual owner that it was due for an oil change and just finished an extended warranty.   She even has some maintenance records.

Anyone want to run the VIN for me?

Jaynen
Jaynen UltraDork
5/14/18 3:19 p.m.
akylekoz said:

I'm gearing up for a fly and drive.  Some compromises have been made, and some of my personal rules have been broken.  Never the less I will be heading to Columbus for a road trip.

Rule #1 broken, it's black.

#2 it has a dent, I could have found one without.

#3 it is coming from the rust belt.

2008 Pathfinder V8 LE.   The seller sounded nice, she answered all of my questions correctly, accepted my offer and is willing to pick me up at the airport.

After calling on several that were getting flipped with no history it was refreshing to hear from an actual owner that it was due for an oil change and just finished an extended warranty.   She even has some maintenance records.

Anyone want to run the VIN for me?

I'm honestly not really sure how they do it but I have used https://www.autovin.de/ a number of times. Carfax+Autocheck will run you a whopping 13 dollars

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ng1CqLr8itvsgBbGdHxB92hmpsF5yo0HF9yUN9bKqcZ0DNzCRI0cI2UhC5dgObKi