jfryjfry
jfryjfry Reader
8/13/17 8:16 a.m.

Looking for an early Bronco - my wife has always wanted one and just said she'd be interested in working together on one so I don't want to wait for her to change her mind!

Conditions of broncos vary and I'm open to various stages of completion. But no more than a little rust. 1975 or earlier

Username at yahoo is best way to reach me

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/13/17 8:48 a.m.

In reply to jfryjfry:

Not being that familiar with them, is there a range of model years you're most interested in. I've seen several on Craigslist recently.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/13/17 10:10 a.m.

It looks like these two are the only early ones listed now, and they may be too complete/nice for you?

1974 w/302 "great shape" for $10.5

1974 for $38k

maj75
maj75 HalfDork
8/15/17 5:40 p.m.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/d/ford-bronco/6254346566.html

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
8/15/17 6:17 p.m.

Little to no rust and cheap is the issue figure at least 15K+ for a clean one that you would want to build up.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Reader
8/22/17 12:05 a.m.

The prices fill a huge range but it definitely looks like the price of admission on anything remotely complete is >$10,000.

I have sees the light blue ad and am hoping to look at it soon.

I just know that you can often find a better deal by spending a little more up front.

Still hoping to find one with a great body but needing some mechanical work.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
8/22/17 7:05 a.m.

These are prone to being rustbuckets even down here in Georgia. My wife loves them too, but I've already told her they are way out of our project budget. You're right about spending $10k to get anything worth having. I'll keep an eye out locally though. Are you willing to road trip for the right deal?

EDIT: check out searchtempest.com for an easy way to look on multiple craigslists within a mileage limit of your house. It's pretty good stuff, i use it a lot.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Reader
8/22/17 10:22 p.m.

Willing to travel and will check that site!

I looked at the light blue one.... oh man I should have taken pics. Chevy drivetrain, headers through hacked up inner fenders and 3" above tires, rust everywhere, spray bombed.... it was a rolling wreck.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/23/17 8:57 a.m.

There's a blue '77 for sale on St Augustine CL. Cut fenders and a little rust but looks to be a decent base at $9.8K.

https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/1977-ford-bronco-price-reduced/6267823318.html

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Reader
8/23/17 1:05 p.m.

I'm looking for 1975 or older to avoid smog in Cali :(

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6sXO6MISfYiyQpXg1FGIchPjXEge7l2YBKTLsuiwmrKUOBrpJ9flADeMCqyn1AHI