pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
8/8/19 7:00 p.m.

I bought this car in 1999 or early 2000. It had about 120,000 miles on it. I was the second owner. It has not been modified in any way. I beat the crap out of it for a couple of years and then gave it to a friend in need. He put it in a ditch doing minimal damage. However he didn't fix it and it is still sitting in his farmyard where he parked it. It is rusty and stinks inside. I believe that all of the glass is good and the 4 speed transmission with electric push button overdrive is good. Located 20 miles sw of Flint MI. Make me an offer for all or parts.

Braden

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/19 8:32 p.m.

Are you down by fenton?  Staying there tomorrow night 

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
8/9/19 4:25 a.m.

The vw and volvo are 8 or 9 miles west north west of Fenton near the village of Gaines. I live in Downtown Grand Blanc about 10 miles north of Fenton. If you are interested in parts i can meet you.  I might be able to meet you socially as well. What are you doing in Fenton?

Patrick
8/9/19 9:39 a.m.

In reply to pilotbraden :

Unfortunately a funeral.  Wake is in fenton, service and burial in davisburg.  Was more asking for socially than parts, but my little girl is sick so i think i will be confined to the hotel 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
8/9/19 9:49 a.m.

Sounds like a good drivetrain donor.  Somebody should the whole car and scrap the remainder.  GLWS.  

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
8/9/19 12:06 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Call me at eight one zero three niner seven one four seven six . if i don't answer please leave a message. I am planning to go north this evening or tomorrow am depending upon work. If i am around tonight i can meet up even if it is just a beer and a sandwich at the hotel pool.

Patrick
8/9/19 8:15 p.m.

Sorry braden I just saw this.  The trip was bad, we left late, abby was miserable and puked in the car about 40 miles in, and we hit rush hour accident traffic on 275/96.  I dropped my wife and son at the funeral home, hit jersey mikes and am at the comfort inn in fenton right now with a miserable 5 year old who won’t get out of the shower 

SocameTi
SocameTi New Reader
8/22/19 1:22 p.m.

Hi,

If you still have the car, I am in serious need of an ignition module (Bosch 0 227 100 018) assuming the turbo has the same module on the passenger fender as my normally aspirated 81 244 yard ornament - formerly known as my last running car.

Let me know...

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
8/25/19 12:16 p.m.

In reply to SocameTi :

I shall find out if the numbers match.  Do you want anything else? It is going to the srapyard soon.

Braden

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/25/19 6:54 p.m.

I remember the rear pop out side windows being hard to come by 30 years ago. Might want to save them. 

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
8/26/19 4:55 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Thanks, I had considered that.  What about the overdrive unit? Some of my friends think that it might be wanted by old school hotrodders.

Stampie
8/26/19 10:26 a.m.

I used to hear about people using them but I never knew of someone actually doing it. Only other thing is the exhaust manifold/turbo if someone wants to +t one. I thought about asking you for it but I don't need an excuse to buy another project vehicle. 

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
8/26/19 12:22 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I will put the manifold aside for my use. Just remember that it is here when you need it

Braden

Stampie
8/26/19 2:07 p.m.

Thanks, that's even better than storing bought parts at Pat's cause I don't have to pay for it until I need it. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
alFKaPBaVZ4dVZOS1IvfgooZH2OmzcvAWCRkFv7rjSP6CiCZ2lkwbdKjXdp2DDwk