https://www.ebay.com/itm/312945000923

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/23/20 5:42 p.m.

That. Is. Awesome.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
1/23/20 5:48 p.m.

Looks like a neat kit, but a draw-through carb with no intercooler? That spooks me a little.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/23/20 5:53 p.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

I always thought that you don't use draw through with an intercooler because that's basically a bomb waiting to go off.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/23/20 6:31 p.m.
GIRTHQUAKE said:

Looks like a neat kit, but a draw-through carb with no intercooler? That spooks me a little.

That's what nitrous is for 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
1/24/20 10:18 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

It is, but the real reason you don't is because any carb shop can rebuild one to accept boost- heck, you or I could do it at home with some online guides from Motortrend. 

I will stand on my soapbox and proclaim- you only do a draw-through when you don't want to learn EFI but also don't want to try and modify a carb properly. I'd be impressed if he had 8lbs of boost, and part of that is from a forum member here who did a similar setup on his 60s Dart because he couldn't fit a blow-through setup in such short time.

In reply to Patrick:

It's a bad sign that nitrous like that would improve reliability :D

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/3/20 6:08 p.m.
GIRTHQUAKE said:

That's the way most old school turbo setups were.  Even a bunch of factory ones, too.

For the longest time, the record holder for a drag racing 13B ran a draw through carb.  And ran on methanol.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BfJLHw6NSSHygwIX6SN2sW0So74S1VulhWLbhnddedE35nEWA2D0n9blJAIbFPuh