Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/28/19 12:31 p.m.

This one is 100% mine. It came from the collection of a bike shop/Schwinn dealership owner in Champaign, IL(Champaign Cycles). I love the bike, but I’ve never been a fan of the drop-bar riding position or fixed-gear drive, so I’ve only put 5-10 miles on it in the 8+ years I’ve owned it. 

It appears to have been “restored” sometime in the 1960’s or early 70’s based on most of the components & decals. I added the front brake(and new tires).

Unfortunately any remnants of the serial# are illegible from the scratches & scrapes of time - you can tell there were numbers on the dropout, but you can’t read them. However, the geometry, dropouts, and general construction match the pre-war Superior. At some point someone re-brazed the factory joints, so they’re not as pretty as factory, but seem structurally sound. 

It’s hard to value it based on the above, but how does $450 sound for a GRM price?

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/29/19 8:34 a.m.

As a former Schwinn nerd, who spent his formative years working on Varsitys, I want this in the worst way.

If there is a GRM Express from there to here, I'm on it.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/29/19 9:04 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Patrick is heading to northern KY sometime in the not too distant future, we just need someone heading down toward the coast. 

Or I can get a bike box & send it your way? It’s chromoly, so it’s not very heavy. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xYbtw62aYvcve5tI25U9XgNk5gYSrqTKqGJjFx83KOjqLwSHg8fIPWktUrOHMZKS