Danny Shields (Forum Supporter)
Danny Shields (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/17/20 9:36 a.m.

Hey, Neon fans!  Who remembers the Grassroots Motorsports Neon project car? Well, when it received a racing seat, the original driver's seat was bagged and stashed in my attic. Now this piece of "history" is available free to the first person who claims it. Come and get it in Valrico, Florida, or I can bring it to the Challenge in Gainesville on Friday if someone definitely wants it. I am not going to drag it down from the attic just to take pictures. 

The cloth upholstery is the "National Championship" design, dark gray with multi-colored tiny pennant pattern. It is from a 4-door Neon, so the back does not tilt for access to the back seat. It was almost new when it went into the attic around 1996. There is no base, just the two main cushions. You would need to reuse your base. 

Did I mention FREE?

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/17/20 9:47 a.m.

In reply to Danny Shields (Forum Supporter) :

Sounds like something Dusterbd13 should have

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/17/20 9:59 a.m.

Big want, but so far away. 

wae
wae UberDork
10/17/20 10:10 a.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) :

I'm not sure if I can get them back in the Miata, but I'm willing to try.  Also, maybe Tim would be able to squeeze them in the Impala - not sure how stuffed the car will be.

EDIT:  Clarify the no-base, just the two cushions thing real fast.  When I said "them" back there, I was assuming that we were just talking about two cushions that were unconnected from each other but as I re-read the description, are we talking about the whole seat as a unit, but the rails are gone?  If I were taking the truck down, it wouldn't much matter, but trying to stuff things into the Miata is a horse of a different color....

Danny Shields (Forum Supporter)
Danny Shields (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/17/20 10:21 a.m.

In reply to wae :

IIRC The two cushions are not connected to one another, each is in its own bag.

wae
wae UberDork
10/17/20 10:26 a.m.

If that's the case, then I would be fairly certain that I can cram them into the Miata for the journey home, if Brapp wants them.

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/17/20 11:47 a.m.

In reply to wae :

They would be cool to have for sure. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hwN29KAg5jsdLnNnybF0p2R2LTWnJ4BZC3MGRbC9piH3ZXPMcddMd791glxAS9FH