irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
4/17/19 9:53 p.m.

Ok, I sold my complete engine, but I have another "mostly complete" M42 out of a '91 318i. I took it out of a running car I drove home (shell went to someone else and I had it as a spare for my rally car). Anyhow, now that I'm swapped to M50 I don't need the M42 spare.

It's a mostly-complete engine. The timing case is taken apart, but I have all the parts (they are original, not updated chain rails, btw). Other than the fact it was running, I haven't taken a particularly close look at the engine (compression, etc). It also has no oil pan (upper or lower), and no accessories (alternator, etc).

Has intake manifold, TB, and a box of other random stuff that you can have, including a stock M42 radiator.

Located in Northern Virginia outside DC. Come get it, and if you want to give me something for it, bring some random thing to trade me (tools, box of hose clamps, or anything else I would find useful). 

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
4/18/19 2:32 p.m.

Can I send you shipping and beer money for a good cam position sensor?

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
4/18/19 8:15 p.m.
classicJackets said:

Can I send you shipping and beer money for a good cam position sensor?

as luck would have it, I think I gave it to the guy who bought my other engine and other stuff, so don't think I still have it. I'll look around tomorrow and let you know if somehow it's still here. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N1edlk7jP15WCvOyvzUEgRosUJBTGMNIUI0U8IQ8lzP1IcZKsFYfB6OIQc11ajAA