wae
wae UltraDork
1/3/20 7:48 a.m.

I dismantled a 2005 Ford Focus hatchback last year and sold a bunch of stuff off of it, but I do have a few things left.  It's all located in Northern KY and I'm more interested in making space on the shelf than padding my wallet at this point.  The body is gone with the exception of the hatch and the rear bumper cover.  And there might be a door somewhere, but I think I finally got that.  Most of the parts are good from 00-07, but the engine, for example, is 05 only for some reason.  The car was running fine with around 160k miles when someone drove it into the back of another car.  Here are the major parts that I've still got:

- 2.0 engine, no accessories
- Automatic transmission
- Heater core
- Complete wiring harness, no hacked off connectors, no cut wires
- Front seats in grey leather.  Driver's has some tearing
- Steering rack
- Steering column
- Gas tank/fuel pump
- Fuel filler neck
- Couple door hinges in white
- Rear bumper cover in white
- Rear hatch - small dent that happened in storage, but glass and paint are good
- Cruise buttons
- Fuel pump driver
- Evap system
- Bunch of various switches for windows and mirrors and such
- ECU
- Brake master cylinder and booster
- Shifter cable
- HVAC control cables
- Multifunction switch and clockspring
- Most of the interior panels
- All the window glass except the windshield
- Wiper motor
- Washer fluid pump and reservoir assembly

A lot of that stuff isn't worth the hassle of putting it on eBay and there's a lot of stuff that might be spendy to ship piece by piece, but if there's something you need I'm sure we can work something out. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/3/20 12:52 p.m.

sigh

Whaddaya want for the engine...

wae
wae UltraDork
1/3/20 5:36 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

I'd happily let that go for a bottle of whisky of some sort.

Knurled.
1/3/20 6:23 p.m.

In reply to wae :

(eyes the Knob Creek he just opened)  I suppose you want a NEW one.

Name your choice and we'll call it a done deal.  Although if you want somethin' fancier than Bulleit (I really like their 95) then I might have to buy it more local to you, Ohio is weird for choice sometimes.

wae
wae UltraDork
1/4/20 8:45 a.m.

Oddly, my brother frequently goes to some of the state liquor stores over the river when they open on Mondays a 9am because going to Ohio is about the only way to get a bottle of Weller if you live in Kentucky...  Weird. 

But, really, as long as it isn't Canadian, Irish, or empty, I'm good with whatever!  I was actually just up in that general direction between Christmas and New Years and don't anticipate heading back that way until around Easter.  It's tucked out of the way in the shop so no big rush on my part.  We'll figure it out.

Knurled.
1/4/20 8:50 a.m.

In reply to wae :

I'm in no particular rush either, my intentions are to use it for prototyping to see if I can mate it to a Mazda rotary transmission (because I have way more of those than NC Miata transmissions) or, preferably, an Audi 016 or 01A transmission, because a Duratec powered Audi makes me giggle for some reason.  It should weigh half what an Audi five weighs, and there are other significant benefits space-wise that are too in-depth for this thread.

If someone posts up a request in the meantime with a sob story that they have an '05 Focus and fried the engine and they need it so they can to go school/work/the bar/whatever, then I'll abdicate my dibs.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6Jsq17yRvJKcpepFJAnd1clmGF7HzgdZAINedCFu9Pvf2CTVFykU1QizhnRt2bsx