MrMSB
MrMSB New Reader
8/21/19 8:52 p.m.

So I’m finally, totally giving up the idea of car projects for things that I am able to do health wise.

I am about half an hour East/SE of Columbus Ohio, zip 43046

TLDR: a bunch of dunebuggy oriented stuff for $200 if you take it all (or some trades, listed at bottom)

1st)

I have a ‘59 VW Bug floor pan with Ohio title in my name, “NON-ACTUAL ODOMETER DISCREPANCY”.

The previous owner cut my front the nose in front of the napoleons hat, and the rear frame horns to drop the body ~ 6 inches.  Those parts are gone.  I have the rear pan section from a 73 IRS bug, along with the trailing arms and axles, and transaxle of indeterminate life. I have another transaxle that is I believe from a type 3, with a lug broken in the nose.

2) I have one mostly intact, and one partially cut up clones of the short wheelbase Meyers Manx fiberglass dune buggy bodies, one hood, and one windshield frame with a multitude of holes drilled randomly in it.

3) I have a partially disassembled Porsche 914 4 cylinder motor with an obviously wiped main bearing, what ai believe is a NOS case for a 914/type2, and a complete type2 that can be turned over by hand but I haven’t heard run.

The 914 motor is currently on an engine stand that has been spoken for, and will have to come off.

4) I have something like 7 type 1 engine cases, with an assortment of heads, a couple cranks, some jugs, etc,  that are honestly probably only of scrap value.

5) Rear aluminum arms from a ?1987? Porsche 951

6) an old, large wooden shed, and some plywood/OSB/miscellaneous wood in it  shed is like 24ft by 12ft, and I bash my head on the door frame nearly every time I go in it.

7)  Probably some other stuff that I haven’t thought of.

I have something more than $1000 in the car bits, if someone wants to make my life less complicated and takes all the VW/Porsche stuff, I’ll take $200 & you pay the notary for the title transfer, and/or maybe trades...

I’m open to you taking down and removing the shed, 3D printer stuff,  a Cricut in good condition, 2020/3030/4040 aluminum extrusion,   or a powered exoskeleton since most of my joints are trash.

-MSB

P.s. autocorrect has auto jacked more stuff that I can believe.  I caught and fixed a lot of it. I probably missed some too.  Sorry. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/21/19 9:04 p.m.

Can i dibs/paypal and pick up after the challenge just because I cannot give up any build days to come down right now?  My buddy is a notary so that’s simple 

MrMSB
MrMSB New Reader
8/21/19 9:06 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

That works. It’s yours. You don’t have to PayPal. 

Patrick
8/21/19 9:09 p.m.

Ok, i’ve been looking for a start to a buggy (with an ohio title) for a while now because FIL’s place is really close to silver lake sand dunes in Michigan.  

I promise to do something crazy.  

chandler
chandler PowerDork
8/22/19 8:39 a.m.

Damn you Patrick! I’ve been on the hunt! Lol

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
8/22/19 11:08 a.m.

Thank you Patrick for saving me from my stupidity. 

tdrrally
tdrrally HalfDork
8/22/19 11:50 a.m.

i am in the market for a buggy body. 

Patrick
8/22/19 11:54 a.m.
spitfirebill said:

Thank you Patrick for saving me from my stupidity. 

I have plenty to go around.

cj32769
cj32769 New Reader
8/24/19 4:01 p.m.

I'm not in the pool for any of the goods here but I do admire this ad.

I'm very close to throwing in the towel on some of my projects and have often wished for someone to just make them go away. 

This has inspired me to just let go because it's obvious that I'll probably never have the time or ambition to do anything but watch.   

I don't have any VW, Porsche or buggy stuff but I can relate to the need of the exoskeleton..

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
8/24/19 4:15 p.m.
Patrick said:

Ok, i’ve been looking for a start to a buggy (with an ohio title) for a while now because FIL’s place is really close to silver lake sand dunes in Michigan.  

I promise to do something crazy.  

My cabin is in Pentwater, just north of the dunes.  Take me for a ride when you get it done.

My Pathfinder may get a dune flag before that  but it’s not a buggy.

tdrrally
tdrrally HalfDork
8/26/19 11:11 a.m.

I'm interested in the buggy bodies

contact me

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
C2oe5jLiBg7lsL0ElXW7pSfDT4ZwxRGfS7EPegXH2wzTkQZPNueQc3LANmYUXvd8