1 2
02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
1/7/21 5:44 p.m.

I need to reclaim some shelf space in my garage, and the easiest thing to do first is move the stuff I have no use for. As I dig through the stuff I'll mention it here. Buyer pays shipping, but otherwise free. If you're in the NYC area (broadly speaking) and want to pick it up I can arrange to meet you. If it doesn't go before the first town dump day in April, it's trash.

First up is a set of Dinan springs for a BMW E36. They came out of a buddy's 92 325is; I don't know what other body styles or years they might fit. Good shape, not rusty. Probably a PITA to ship, but I'll do it if need be.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/7/21 7:00 p.m.

Waiting for stuff I need ... although Dinan springs are cool.  Maybe I should buy an E36.

crxmike
crxmike Reader
1/7/21 7:19 p.m.

I have a 94 325i (stalled) project that would certainly benefit from some lower/stiffer springs. I'm in CT and come through NYC on occasion. If no one else (more deserving) comes through, I will certainly take them. 

Stampie (FS)
1/7/21 7:45 p.m.

In reply to 02Pilot :

Remember one man's trash is a Challenger's free to budget dream.  If you run across wiring and switches that you want to stuff into a flat rate box I'd be more than willing to pay for shipping.

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
1/7/21 8:36 p.m.

In reply to crxmike :

They're yours. I'm north of the city, so depending on where you are in CT, we can arrange someplace off 84 to meet if that works for you. Send me a PM and we'll work out the details.

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
1/7/21 8:37 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

I'll keep an eye out - if anything like that shows up I'll let you know.

Stampie (FS)
1/7/21 8:40 p.m.

In reply to 02Pilot :

Thanks.

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
1/10/21 12:01 p.m.

Next item on the list is a set of Bilstein Sports out of my E82 128i. They work fine (only about five years old), but all of them have more rust than I was happy about, and one of the fronts has a small section of chrome plating flaked off the piston. Bilstein refused to warranty them after I yanked them, so I went with Konis and moved on. Still serviceable, and probably great for use in a Challenge car (should fit E9x as well, AFAIK, or adapt to something else). Shipping is likely to be pricey, so pick-up is preferred, but I will ship at your expense.

In reply to crxmike :

Unless crxmike sends me a PM about the springs by tomorrow, they're back up for grabs.

ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual)
ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual) HalfDork
1/10/21 2:14 p.m.

Hi - I'm in lower Westchester county, if you've got any e46 bits still laying around that would be cool.    Also, for everyone else: We will probably be driving to visit my MIL in the Charlotte area in February, and will have extra space for moderately sized goodies if you need something brought down from 02Pilot. 

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
1/10/21 2:59 p.m.

In reply to ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual) :

Sorry, no E46 parts, but thanks for the parts relay offer. I'll let you know if anything needs moving south.

jfryjfry (FS)
jfryjfry (FS) Dork
1/10/21 7:14 p.m.

If shipping is an option that wouldn't kill me $$-wise, I'd take the springs if he doesn't!

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/21 8:50 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

In reply to 02Pilot :

Remember one man's trash is a Challenger's free to budget dream.  If you run across wiring and switches that you want to stuff into a flat rate box I'd be more than willing to pay for shipping.

Hold the phone. I'll send you some pics tomorrow. It can probably fit into the same flat rate box I already have earmarked for you.

Stampie (FS)
1/10/21 9:11 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

I'm holding ...

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
1/11/21 9:16 a.m.

In reply to jfryjfry (FS) :

Where are you located? I'd probably see how they fit in Priority Mail flat-rate boxes first (if they fit, two large boxes would be just over $40). Failing that, I'd have to figure out how much they weigh and how to package them, get a quote, and let you know.

crxmike
crxmike Reader
1/11/21 2:24 p.m.
02Pilot said:

In reply to crxmike :

They're yours. I'm north of the city, so depending on where you are in CT, we can arrange someplace off 84 to meet if that works for you. Send me a PM and we'll work out the details.

I tried sending PM and it kicked back. Probably due to me using yahoo. Can you email me? Mlodsin at yahoo dot com. 

Mike 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
1/11/21 2:29 p.m.

I have a beater e36 Vert that I'm making usable if you come up with anything else haha

Stampie (FS) said:

Waiting for stuff I need ... although Dinan springs are cool.  Maybe I should buy an E36.

I love this place. Someone mentions buying a car to fit free lowering springs and no one bats an eye. 

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
1/11/21 6:05 p.m.

In reply to crxmike :

Email sent.

jfryjfry (FS)
jfryjfry (FS) Dork
1/11/21 8:02 p.m.

In reply to 02Pilot :

I'm in 90245

could you mash them together like springs can do, zip tie it into one mess of a mass, maybe shrink wrap and mail? Might be cheaper and easier than two boxes?

edit: looks like mike might be back on board.  Does mike just want the rears by chance??  My front on mine rides a bit high...

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
1/11/21 8:10 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) said:
Stampie (FS) said:

I love this place. Someone mentions buying a car to fit free lowering springs and no one bats an eye. 

yes

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
1/11/21 8:21 p.m.

In reply to jfryjfry (FS) :

Yes, I got in touch with Mike, so I think the springs will be going to him. If anything changes you're next in line.

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
1/12/21 1:51 p.m.

OK, a few more things have surfaced:

- A box with a few random leftovers from my E39: a briefly-installed CCV with cold weather cover, taillight gaskets, a lightly used strut bearing, wiper inserts, and a few other bits. Take the whole thing.

- Late 90s VAG OE rear brake rotors, p/n 357 615 601, never installed. Fitments listed here: https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen_1996_/Disc-Brake-Rotor/48250388/357615601B.html

Bilsteins listed earlier are still available as well.

Matt B (fs)
Matt B (fs) UltraDork
1/12/21 2:28 p.m.

Subscribed for any additional E36 parts that pop up.  Our Lemons car is needy.  

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
1/12/21 3:36 p.m.

In reply to Matt B (fs) :

Don't expect much. I never had an E36 - the springs came off a buddy's car. Sorry.

crxmike
crxmike Reader
1/13/21 11:17 a.m.

I plan on meeting up with 02pilot shortly for the e36 springs. If anything changes, I will release them to the wild. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
k1pDM407LDnD2tu4HFUZRBBCo6mttLAEsBFaygYzSJJ1Ua9rOFRiQ2SxSL8VmYVD