dxman92
dxman92 Reader
1/3/19 4:06 p.m.

I am looking to see if anybody has a 9 Speed Shimano XT, XTR or Deore Mounrain Bike derailleur for a bike project I'm cooking up. Looking for one on the cheap. Anybody have one?

echoechoecho
echoechoecho Reader
1/4/19 2:01 a.m.

Im pretty sure I have one/several, but its in my parts bin which is under a bunch of other boxes lol, email me a reminder to go digging for it adrianvalella at yahoo

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
1/4/19 7:10 a.m.

I think all my 9-speed stuff is SRAM.... but I'll take a look though the parts bucket.

dxman92
dxman92 Reader
1/4/19 9:27 a.m.

Adrian you have mail. 

What is the lowdown on Sram Shimano mix and matching? 

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
1/4/19 10:37 a.m.

In reply to dxman92 :

in most cases for the older hardware it's a no go without some cable adapters. For most of their histories they pulled different amounts of cable for a shift. There used to be a company that made little pulleys that went in line with the cable to compensate but I'm not sure they're still around. That's how I ran the campy/shimano combo. It worked OK but wasn't ever perfectly clean.

You can interchange rear cassettes though - shimano-Sram. The gear spacing is the same.

dxman92
dxman92 Reader
1/4/19 12:51 p.m.

Isn't the company who made the pulleys Jtek? I think they are still around but they seem pricey for what they are..

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
1/4/19 2:23 p.m.

The one I had was a Jtek, but back then it was a small US company and they were a good bit cheaper, like $25 or so.  That company went under and in the last few years it was revived in Britain, and now they're over $60....

I had an $800 Campy gruppo sitting there and a $750 set of Shimano wheels.... If it takes $60 to keep from rebuying one or the other....

But for piecing together old MTB parts? Yeah, not really cost effective.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
1/7/19 4:45 p.m.

I've got this one left over, collecting dust, if it fits your needs.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
1/7/19 4:47 p.m.

New, never installed. I bought the wrong one years ago and was too lazy to attempt a return.

dxman92
dxman92 Reader
3/26/19 8:29 p.m.

Bump.. Anybody?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jNCnrCgL27bfKHa5Rpk0aVpdA4wSc0Pg1nzJ5rZgxN4c0g73LulYWRtVI51NNWRc