Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/25/19 11:54 a.m.

Make basically any offer. Consider the grm asking price to be half of what is listed. I also might have other things.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/pts/d/flossmoor-16-miata-parts/7044033692.html

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/25/19 12:50 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Not that I need either of them, but I presume it’s a PS rack, not a manual one?

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/25/19 12:57 p.m.

I need a dinner switch

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/25/19 1:00 p.m.
Patrick said:

I need a dinner switch

No thanks, I just ate

Robbie
12/28/19 9:41 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:

In reply to Robbie :

Not that I need either of them, but I presume it’s a PS rack, not a manual one?

Just looked at it today. It is a ps rack, with bolts plugging the holes. And the boots are junk. It is complete from tie rod end to tie rod end, and the outer ends at least look ok. So it's probably functional but not worth much.

Robbie
12/28/19 9:42 p.m.
gumby said:
Patrick said:

I need a dinner switch

No thanks, I just ate

I think it lifts the car so you can reach the McDonald's drive thru window.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/29/19 8:24 a.m.
Robbie said:
gumby said:
Patrick said:

I need a dinner switch

No thanks, I just ate

I think it lifts the car so you can reach the McDonald's drive thru window.

Picture it: Ohio Turnpike, 2015.  EvanB is following me in his white Miata for some reason I can't remember, and we shortcut across the Turnpike to get to where we're going.  I pull up to the tollbooth, grab my ticket, barrier gate arm lifts, I go through.  Evan pulls up to the tollbooth, grabs his ticket, and... nothing.  Gate arm stays down.

I'm there in the tow rig (maybe it was when we were moving Quantum 2.0 to teh Batcave?) in the after zone, Evan's sitting there all confused waiting for the gate arm to lift and nothing is happening.

Then, in a Mentos commercial moment, he kind of inches forward in his Miata with its top down, until the windshield is almost hitting the arm, and in one seamless motion, reaches his hand up, lifts the gate arm a couple inches over the windshield so he can just drive under it, and is through.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9QlLZpUToKPlDL9F6HYzBGchscxzQL4XrcGuXv866V2UDf5MbJGZI36VzCKTD22I