matthewmcl
matthewmcl New Reader
6/17/19 10:56 p.m.

I just pulled this at the pick-a-part today.  I am looking at using the hub and wheel on my not-a-Miata Rabbit, but that leaves the short hub left over.

Is $60 shipped reasonable for a NRG hub to the GRM crowd?  I also have the steering column for the same, since the yard made me take the "set" since the car was in the "premium lot."  The column obviously had the short hub fitted, though the PO kludged the slip ring contact for the horn.  The kludge is on the column, not the hub. I have no idea what a non-kludge would look like for the Miata.  The hubs appear (on the website) to have ring contacts, but no fingers.  I assume most late-model cars (ABS cars) have "clock-springs" rather than slip rings.

I will post pics tomorrow of the hub, but it looks like a normal NRG short hub.  If anyone needs a column, let me know and I will post pics of that too.  The steering column would be extra, mostly for shipping.

Matthew

matthewmcl
matthewmcl New Reader
6/18/19 9:02 p.m.

The hub is etched with "160," and it appears that all years of Miata's use the same adapter.

Matthew

boileralum
boileralum GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/28/19 10:26 a.m.

I’ll take this if you still have it

matthewmcl
matthewmcl New Reader
6/28/19 5:19 p.m.

In reply to boileralum :

Sold and Shipped to boileralum

Matthew

You'll need to log in to post.