1 2 3 4
Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/20 10:06 a.m.
RacetruckRon said:

Cooter left about half an hour ago with a Prius full of random bits. Thanks again guys for helping me get this stuff out of my storage unit.

I like that a Prius is being used as a parts hauler.

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
9/26/20 12:19 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

It is actually the Ultimate Hauler.   More room than most of my wagons, and knocks down 50+ MpG doing so.  We use it for our Mid Century Modern resale business all the time.

Better than using my 23 MpG Sprinter for most anything smaller than a sofa.   The only thing that would be better would be a 30+ MpG minivan that I could buy for less than $1500.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
9/26/20 1:11 p.m.

The guy who redid the floors in casa de DX man uses a Prius as his hauler and work vehicle.

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
9/26/20 1:12 p.m.

BTW, RTR packed the items very well.   Cardboard was cut and attached to cover the fins on the radiators, and he sacrificed two large totes to the GRM Express to keep parts separated.

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
9/26/20 1:14 p.m.
dxman92 said:

The guy who redid the floors in casa de DX man uses a Prius as his hauler and work vehicle.

I would love to find a cheap 2G, and replace the hatch with fabric cover to turn it into a pickup for a dedicated hauler/JY parts retriever. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/20 1:40 p.m.

Damn those headers are so much nicer than I deserve!

Stampie (FS)
9/26/20 4:54 p.m.

That 488cc of 2 stroke fury looks good sitting there.  I need to build a run stand for it so I can get it all mocked up and annoy the neighbors.

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
9/26/20 5:47 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Probably.   But I still couldn't talk RTR into giving them to me instead of you.

9/26/20 5:53 p.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Give?!?! I *paid* for them! Less than they're worth, no doubt, but I think I got a bad idea discount.

srsly, thanks for doing this.

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
9/26/20 6:06 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Well, I'm a really nice guy.   People like to give me shiny things.

But seriously, just trying to give back.  GRM has been good to me, and this helps RTR and the buyers.  

Extra Special Bonus-
Learned quite a bit about R's RT that will help with a couple builds of my own.

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
9/27/20 11:06 a.m.

Robbie, if you see this, I am on my way to Crete for an estate sale. Since we're in the Prius, I could drop off parts for the Express. 

SeBen Oh Ate Nein 55 Tree Nein SeBen For. Will be in the area noonish. 

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
9/27/20 11:12 a.m.

I also sent a message through the forum, but who knows if that will go through. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/20 9:55 a.m.
RacetruckRon said:

Patrick: LS4 Oil pan, set of Gen4 rods

Stampie: VQ35 carbon fiber engine cover, Polaris 500 snowmobile engine

Mr_Asa: Box of Holset Turbo and extra bits

Angry Corvair: Flowtech LS Turbo headers

Cooter and I were able to connect last night. Thanks to Cooter for bringing the stuffs all the way to my house! 

I'll plan to bring the Stampie and Mr Asa goods to the challenge, and I'll let you Patricks know when I may be heading toward Detroit. 

9/28/20 9:58 a.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

outstanding!  no rush on my headers.  they're for an engine i don't own yet.  because GRM.

Stampie (FS)
9/28/20 10:53 a.m.

Cool.  I was thinking last night that carbon fiber engine cover might look good with no hood.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
9/28/20 1:53 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

Cool.  I was thinking last night that carbon fiber engine cover might look good with no hood.

Normally I'd say you're not really saving weight with a carbon fiber engine cover. But THAT would save some lbs. 

Stampie (FS)
9/28/20 2:18 p.m.

It's carbon fiber!  It'lll drop like 50lbs at each corner and add 30hp.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
10/5/20 8:54 a.m.

This weekend I had the great fortune of seeing a close friend who lives in Detroit. I was able to borrow some space in the back of his rig and sent the headers and the oil pan/rods/pistons with him. 

Angry - I will send you a PM with his contact info and ask that you swing over and pick them up when you get a chance, then you can hold the oil pan/rods/pistons for Patrick too. You might already know Ian, I think he brought the famous AMC spirit to the chassis cutup party however long ago. 

10/5/20 2:58 p.m.

Indeed! He also test-drove my E38 740iL when I put it on the market a couple years ago.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hEb3wmEjIIp3KkMGTd7bimd5kSN79uB7eQFVGzRqixtUI11uCxAH2mE8Dt9aK07R