Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/13/19 5:18 p.m.

Sold

Tubular front clip from an old stock car.  Sweet rack, wilwood wide 5 hubs, tubular upper and lower arms with strut rods.  One strut rod bent, assume most stuff needs soaked or replaced as far as heims go but it all does move.  Sweet rep told me they would go through the rack with new bushings, seals, and bellows for under $100.  Motor plate not included.  I will include a new pair of rotors

$150 can have this plus the rear hubs and rotors with drive plates and calipers. 

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/13/19 7:32 p.m.

Dude. What DON'T you have sitting around??

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/13/19 8:20 p.m.

I don’t have an answer for that question.  

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/13/19 8:44 p.m.

if it helps, i can get it to north carolina at the end of the month, assuming i have enough room in the truck. 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/13/19 10:41 p.m.

Pretty amazing deal. Out of curiosity, any idea of approximate width or track width?

Bob_S
Bob_S New Reader
3/14/19 1:20 p.m.

What is the steering rack from? where can I get one?

Thanks,

Bob

rdcyclist
rdcyclist GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/14/19 1:46 p.m.
Bob_S said:

What is the steering rack from? where can I get one?

Thanks,

Bob

Umm, right here...only 350 bucks! wink

I believe that is a Sweet Manufacturing is the place... https://sweetmfg.biz/home.php

drock25too
drock25too New Reader
4/4/20 7:02 p.m.

I know this is a year old but do you still have it and where are you located?

Patrick
4/4/20 8:00 p.m.

I do, and it is very near Cleveland ohio.  

slowbird
slowbird Dork
4/4/20 8:32 p.m.

Whoa. It would be cool to cut the front off something that was wrecked, and attach this onto it. Put stock car bodywork on it or leave it with an open "modified" look.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/4/20 8:59 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Don't you have "something" that's wrecked in the front?

drock25too
drock25too New Reader
4/5/20 7:29 p.m.

Not crashed but we did blow up the engine in my Avenger at Watkins Glen last year. Guy who was driving at the time said he has a 5.7 Hemi. This would save a ton of design and fab work on my part to may this car like it should have come from the factory.  My step daughter lives in Buffalo and I'm in Arkansas, when all of this virus stuff settles down and we can freely travel again, I know Momma is going to want a road trip. Maybe we can get together on this then.

Patrick
4/5/20 7:59 p.m.

In reply to drock25too :

no problem i have wilwood wide 5 hubs with drive plates and stuff for the rear too.  I (foolishly) sold the winters rear axle and the hubs came back to me.  I'm obviously in no rush, and I'm basically isolated until this virus bs is behind us

drock25too
drock25too New Reader
4/5/20 8:17 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I crew chief for a guy who has raced dirt modifieds for years and this year he decided to get back in a late model. He may be interested in the rear stuff. Let me know what you have and maybe some pics and I'll see if he's interested.

03Panther
03Panther Reader
4/8/20 10:05 p.m.

I am very interested in that front. I'm in Lower Alabama, and not too sure how we'll work this out, but I'm sure we'll come up with something. I have to sell some stuff before the financial manager will sign off on it, but were are almost finished with moving storage of said projects, so I should be able to start fixing/advertising soon.

Do you happen to know what the width is? Track width, total, hub, or whatever.

I don't understand enough about bump steer and ackerman to design my own, but I have a tadpole I need better suspension for, and that looks perfect to learn with

4/9/20 3:19 p.m.

hub to hub is approximately 62"

03Panther
03Panther Reader
4/9/20 7:36 p.m.

A bit wider than I'd have guessed, but still extremely interested. Meant to get a picture of the current front suspension, so y'all could get a good laugh, but slipped my mind, again. I'm off tomorrow night, so I'll remember to snap some.

03Panther
03Panther Reader
4/9/20 7:43 p.m.

BTW, I picked up a hopped up a    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HM_Vehicles_Free-way     chassis to finish one day. Body was already gone, and the 12 hp was replaced with a 750cc Hondamatic! If I can get a road worthy suspension, I'll use it to commute to work.

6/24/20 4:02 p.m.

Here's the deal.  I'm staring at this stuff and if it sits here much longer I'm putting it in the loft and it will tempt me till i do something stupid like build a car around it.  I don't need that.  These are the rear hubs with drive plates and calipers 

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
6/24/20 6:19 p.m.

My life has gotten more complicated instead of less, so no road trips for me. If I can get ahold of a friend to get by there for me, I would love to get that! I don't know anyone on the forum well enough to ask for a GRM relay, but is anyone coming south?

Never remembered to snap a pic of that Freeway's front suspension, so y'all could have a good laugh, but maybe this will jog my memory!

drock25too
drock25too New Reader
7/1/20 12:12 a.m.

I said I was interested in this in April and that we had a trip planned to New York this month but thanks to Governors Cuomo, N.Y. and Hutchinson, Ark., that trip has been postponed indefinitely.  Are they racing at Mid-Ohio anytime soon? 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TODlgVDqjomDdFH6BAY5W75WgBZ5mcKf5KqJrNOHgf8H2zWJ5vt6rXiNxCsQo0q5