akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
9/24/20 9:36 a.m.

A friend has an extra RX7 Turbo II hood to get rid of, black with holes for hood pins.

Also has a spare motor.  And a car that was converted to S5, with an S5 motor in it.

I believe all need to go, he is in Denver, RX stuff in in Michigan.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/20 12:17 p.m.

The question Michigan raises is rust, though. Please see if you can get some pictures.

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
9/24/20 4:39 p.m.

The hood is aluminum, so no rust.

I’ll ask for car pics.

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/20 4:48 p.m.

Interested in car pics and details/price. 

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
9/24/20 5:58 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfyflNTkrkE

Apparently the car is a gutted drivable project that was about to get a cage.

I'm working on him for more info.

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
9/25/20 6:53 a.m.

From the owner.

I have a ton of E36 M3 Tony, spare calipers, 'race' exhaust, and all the bits to make it work....the last missing part was the right sized radiator...lost 5 grand on it all....

He was building a track day car.  Then moved across the country without it.

hobiercr (FS)
hobiercr (FS) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/25/20 10:32 a.m.

I did not need to see this. 

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
9/25/20 11:45 a.m.

That's funny he also just sold an 88RX7 Vert for his brother, it was nice I think he got $5500 for it.  We were very tempted to build an S5 TurboII Vert, sounds fun right? 

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
9/25/20 1:53 p.m.

Hmmm. If he still has the S4 transmission and differential in there, it's probably interesting, if it isn't rusty.

turbox
turbox New Reader
9/27/20 9:22 a.m.

Stuff still for sale? Contact info?

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
9/27/20 1:15 p.m.
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
9/28/20 1:32 a.m.

canoe

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
9/28/20 5:53 a.m.

Body is an 88 Turbo, I don't speak rotard very well so I'm not sure what that means as far as rear end and trans.

Mike, the owner, is working on getting pictures.  The problem is that he is across the country from the car.  It is in a building owned by his sister, just waiting on some pictures from her.  I didn't read the build thread fully but there should be some details in there.

CaptNutmeg
CaptNutmeg
9/28/20 8:55 a.m.

Ok, so I'm the friend, been very out of pocket and aklekox was helping on this, if anyone still had interest shoot a private message and I'll circle back with my real email (Don't want scrappers grabbing it here).

This is what I can recall from memory, the car is in Grand Rapids, MI area and I'm currently in Denver.  Working on plans to be back later October.

The car is titled, it is a 1987 Turbo II (was mistake above)

Overall, the body is pretty clean, rust wise I don't recall any issue.  There was a bit of body work done on right rear quarter.  I would not classify this body as restoration cherry.  It would be a great track car body and that is what it was going to be used for.  The whole suspension is locked up, btw.  Needs all new bushings, etc... 

The motor is JDM S5 Turbo II, bought in 2016 and is strong motor, it's JDM, who knows how many miles, wish I still had the original listing, the compression numbers were great though, just can't recall specifics.  I'm old.

The rest of the parts I need to inventory, of course the entire interior is there, was the blue flavor.  Not the seats, they are junk, was just to get around (didn't have seats when bought, the guy was already parting it out).

And of course the Hood, black with the drilled holes.

The exhaust was special, but can't recall if it was corksport or mazdaspeed, but it is 'race' flavor exhaust...on my list to photo....

CaptNutmeg
CaptNutmeg New Reader
10/21/20 2:05 p.m.

I have more photos of this car here:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8kfv0qcsywe7399/AABZKgFJ3XJwkqoBSEuhDY9va?dl=0

I am looking at flights to be able to show this car/engine/stuff in November, let me know if interested in seeing, I can tweak my schedule to make something work out.

The car is 20 minutes South East of 28th and I-96 --> Freeport, MI area.

gargmukul121
gargmukul121 New Reader
10/22/20 6:26 a.m.

I have a ton of E36 M3 Tony, spare calipers, 'race' exhaust, and all the bits to make it work....the last missing part was the right sized radiator...lost 5 grand on it all.... mx player pro

Regards, mx player apk

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nhOALJSsyUF8Ejpq4aslkgSdAfUuFCWcJXp8HsT5SRbvHNaANHwVQdWd7ng5Uta5